New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    *111prez, IMO kaso exclusivity is like not seeing two of a kind in a single subdivision or parokya. Siguro for me exclusivity is like an LC200 or Pajero BK. Talagang bihira mo makikita. But again its just MHO. But that does not degrade a car for me, better nga yun in the long run because of parts availability and high resale value as posted before.
    true, if you are in the cities. you see them at every corner

but then again, i really do not equate the philippines with just the big cities

take for example where we have our home also in silay city, negros occidental. i hardly see any montys. same with talisay or victorias. si teng (of mscp) lang ata ang may monty sa victorias city. on the drive from silay to himamaylan in the south, hardly any montys can be spotted

but if you go to bacolod city and just go around that area, madami

but then again, bacolod is not negros occidental. but collectively victorias, silay, talisay, bago, valldolid all the way down to himamaylan is a better representation of negros occidental

and i suspect it is the same in the other islands, i.e. panay, cebu, leyte, samar, palawan and mindanao at large

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    What exclusivity? In my family alone, 5 naka monty... nasusuka na nga ako nun xmas party eh
    Now that you mentioned it, sa community namin, pinakamarami na sasakyan na ang mga montero at civic FD.

Interesting to see, kung matuloy man. Thinner and smaller wheels expected.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    No offense. Bad news for the owners, mawawala na talaga yung 'exclusivity' ng Montero. Sa ngayon palang eh, what more pag labas nito.
    What I mean is yung 'konting' natitirang pagka-exclusive ng MS mawawala na talaga. Kung sino sino na lang meron, baka halos lahat ng may mga AUV mag MS narin. Yung mga employee niyo ka-kotse niyo na lang.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I guess we really have to wait for the final specs of this stripped down Montero to guage wheter it's sulit or not.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Or perhaps get confirmation on this news. Baka kuryente rin kasi.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    What I mean is yung 'konting' natitirang pagka-exclusive ng MS mawawala na talaga. Kung sino sino na lang meron, baka halos lahat ng may mga AUV mag MS narin. Yung mga employee niyo ka-kotse niyo na lang.
    Ah ganun ba, malamang talaga sa halip n AUV eh MS na. Kasi kunting mods sa exterior eh akala mo GLS na malamang. Kaya nga tama na malaki kita ng aftermarket parts para dito.

*111prez. Sa city at even the next 2-3 big municipalities marami na rin talaga naka-MS t Fort even though not all ay 4x4's. Kaya IMO ay hindi na siya exclusive. Pero status symbol naman siya (meaning SUV) sa karamihan ng provinces na napupuntahan ko. Ibig sabihin eh talagang nakakaluwang ng husto sa buhay.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    anu engine neto, yun kayang engine ng dating GLX na 136hp?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Magiging pang masa na Montero buti nalang fortuner sakin.... wag sana gayahin ng toyota to
    What do you mean? Have you ridden the 2.5 manual transmission Fortuner? No difference between that and a basic Innova... except the Innova has a better third row and ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    *111prez. Sa city at even the next 2-3 big municipalities marami na rin talaga naka-MS t Fort even though not all ay 4x4's. Kaya IMO ay hindi na siya exclusive. Pero status symbol naman siya (meaning SUV) sa karamihan ng provinces na napupuntahan ko. Ibig sabihin eh talagang nakakaluwang ng husto sa buhay.
    In those places where a Monty or a Fort is a status symbol, having a top-of-the-line AUV like the Crosswind XUV or the Innova G has the same effect.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'm betting that its gonna be a gasoline variant.....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm repeating for the benefit of those who did not get to read the article from autoindustriya.

The article is very clear about certain things that the stripper monty will have:

1. The news comes from a mole inside Mitsu Phil. Whether or not this tidbit is meant to be shared is another matter.

2. It will have the non vgt 4D56 from the 2008-2011 Monty. So no gas engiines as one suggested.

3. MMPC is still "working" to bring it in next year (2012). So there is no certainty such a variant would come.

4. It will have power windows

5. It will be priced at Php 1M or a bit less.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi to sell a sub-million Montero model in 2012?