New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Totoo kaya ito or another witch hunt in the making?

CLICK HERE

Personally, if they think Mitsubishi products suck, then DON'T BUY THEM!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's all hot air. Kulang lang sila sa pansin. Ako I'm proud of my Mitsubishi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all japanese manufacturers are not doing 'public' or announced recalls even if their products have deffects. they would rather put their customers to risk than taking responsibility for the blunders they did. it's only the americans that are doing the recalls because they know their responsibility as a manufacturer. japanese manufacturers in the US are doing some recalls becuase they know how much they will be spending if the case goes to court. but here in asia and even in japan, japanese manufacturers are not doing the public or announced recalls. but in reality they are doing also the recalls but in 'silent' mode. they desguise or tell the customers to bring their cars at the dealers for free service promo or regular checkup but actually they are fixing problems that customers are not aware of. :freak:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they can always dump those recalls in the Philippines
    and we are always happy to receive them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by explorer
    all japanese manufacturers are not doing 'public' or announced recalls even if their products have deffects. they would rather put their customers to risk than taking responsibility for the blunders they did. it's only the americans that are doing the recalls because they know their responsibility as a manufacturer. japanese manufacturers in the US are doing some recalls becuase they know how much they will be spending if the case goes to court. but here in asia and even in japan, japanese manufacturers are not doing the public or announced recalls. but in reality they are doing also the recalls but in 'silent' mode. they desguise or tell the customers to bring their cars at the dealers for free service promo or regular checkup but actually they are fixing problems that customers are not aware of. :freak:
    Please do not think of US manufacturers as kind saints for doing recalls. They do it because the the NHTSA will kick their ass if they don't. And they will fight tooth and nail with the Feds before they accept that a recall is necessary.

I can still remember how damaged Isuzu and Suzuki's reputations were after the much publicized (but never proven) roll over fiascos.

The Audi "Unintended Acceleration Syndrome" of the 80's does take the cake, however.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe. Yun lang masasabi ko. Sabi nila Tumataob daw Gen3! hahaha! Dont tell me napataob nila Gen3 tapos Gen2 hinde?!

We can all Thank Nader for all this crap. In fairness, were getting good cars nowadays, kaya lang some people take things too far.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Please do not think of US manufacturers as kind saints for doing recalls.
    of course i don't. all i'm saying is...japanese manufacturers are doing silent recalls while americans are doing it publicly. being honest to the customers publicly is not bad for as long as they fix the problem. but doing silent recall would not make them good because that's dishonesty actually.

also, japanese manufacturers are not doing public recalls in asia because there is no regulating body. imho, they should do the recall even if there is no regulating body because the safety of the customers are at risk if there is a problem in their products.
    Last edited by explorer; August 22nd, 2003 at 06:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap din kasi mag announce ng public recall dito sa atin. medyo iba kasi ang pagiisip ng ibang tao. they don't take recall as a way of the manufacturer to correct mistakes and make their vehicles safe and perform better. iisipin nalang nila na laging me problem ang mga vehicles nung manufacturer and will not buy from them anymore. iisipin nila na since walang ina-announce na recall yung ibang manufacturers, siguradong walang problem yung mga vehicles nila.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A recall is a recall public or silent.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All I'm saying is recalls are done in the US because the law mandates it not because the manufacturers want to. They are not being honest, they are being forced to.

And foreign manufacturers are not exempt from US regulations regarding recalls. Even Benzes and BMW's are made to recall products over there so talagang level ang playing field. A recall will not destroy the image of your product. Unless every other week ay may bagong recall notice ala Ford Focus. hehehe.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
"Mitsubishi - A Responsible Manufacturer?"