New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    mitsubishi SUVs, pickups, AUVs and vans are going north

mitsubishi cars, on the other hand, are going south

too bad the lancer failed in reclaiming the popularity it once had in the 70s and 80s

Because there's no "cheap" Lancer, and the Colt is still not scheduled for local release.

The "cheap" Lancer they're selling is still the old model. They really need to get on with introducing 1.5 liter variants of the EX... Imagine that... something the size of an old Galant, with the engine of a Colt...

-

Mitsubishi seems to have lucked onto a line-up strategy that works pretty well... have fantastic. stylish new cars that bring customers in, then have old, cheap ones (Adventure, L300) that will keep the customer there if they can't afford the new ones. :hysterical:

But give credit where credit is due... they are really very aggressive in their pricing strategies, allowing them to price the base Strada and Montero Sport very low.

This surge for Mitsubishi has less to do with Toyota's problems and more to do with Mitsubishi's strengths locally. They're lucky they had the L300 to prop them up so long, and now the Montero Sport and Strada are bringing them back to market dominance.

I'd still like to know how many of those sales are L300/Adventure/old Lancer... because they can't sell those forever, and their market volume will take a big hit when they finally put those cars out to pasture.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because there's no "cheap" Lancer, and the Colt is still not scheduled for local release.
    in the 70s and 80s it was not that cheap either for that time. i remember that we couldn't even afford one. i still recall those pizza lancers and the ever popular box type. you see them almost everywhere, stock and modded (i.e. with those mag wheels)

i almost forgot the colt. nice small car. i was also popular back then

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I feel that Mitsu would continue to gain ground in the SUV and pickup segments as long as Toyota continues to use its IMV platform for the Hilux and the Fort. The Hilux (in its orginal incarnation) has been a favorite truck of mine but its move to IMV has made it seem second tier when compared to the Strada. Mitsu just needs to tweak its compact SUV offering, especially with the assault being made by Kia/Hyundai, and firm up its sedan line to ensure a firm grasp at number 2.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    mitsubishi SUVs, pickups, AUVs and vans are going north

mitsubishi cars, on the other hand, are going south

too bad the lancer failed in reclaiming the popularity it once had in the 70s and 80s

Oo nga, maganda naman kaso naging niche na lang siya. For those young professionals who made it wuite well early. Sporty car siya eh so mas attractive sa younger car owners IMO.

Ok yang L300, lalo na kung may turbo pa or kahit gawin nila CRDi na medyo detuned pa para matibay sa bad diesel fule natin. hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mga sir, I just want to know if how long it would really take if you buy montero now a days? Aabutin ba talaga ng 1 month especially ung Gls V Quartz Brown? Thank to all.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They should dump the L300 completely, already. That thing is a death-trap. Crazy handling over rough roads and highway expansion joints... hot driver's seat (really... this is the only cab-forward van that still does this)... and poor rust resistance, especially around the wheel arches... whcih turns it into a gas chamber when both the rear wheel arch and the muffler rust through... exposing the driver to high (potentially lethal) levels of carbon monoxide.

Of course, since it still sells well, they're not going to change a thing...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    L300 too old. Mitsubishi oh comon'!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They should dump the L300 completely, already. That thing is a death-trap. Crazy handling over rough roads and highway expansion joints... hot driver's seat (really... this is the only cab-forward van that still does this)... and poor rust resistance, especially around the wheel arches... whcih turns it into a gas chamber when both the rear wheel arch and the muffler rust through... exposing the driver to high (potentially lethal) levels of carbon monoxide.

Of course, since it still sells well, they're not going to change a thing...
    Correct! I too feel the very hot center front seat of this car from time to time (pag puno) . It actually sucked come to think of it, but it served us quite well in our deliveries.

As for Mitsu going to stop producing it now... don't think so. Its business is business for them. haha

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Diba number one back then ang Mitsubishi back in the late 90's (1997-1998)? Do correct me if im wrong. Ito yung nagdislodge sa Toyota noon. Can someone explain this... Thanks!!
    Locally, I'm not that sure. But on the international market, no where near unfortunately. A few years back the company have plants closing out or laying off. I remember there were even rumors of another car company buying it. On the Japs, the Big 3 car makers had been Toyota, Nissan, and Honda... against American's Ford, Gm, Chrysler, and Europe's Mb, Bmw, audi. For the Koreans... big 2?

Once again, congrats to Mitsu Ph!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the Koreans, there's just the Big One... Hyundai provides the technology, engines and platforms for most of Kia's products.

Wonder who'd buy Mitsu, though... Hyundai?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi Philippines is No. 1 in May 2011