New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Kung Hei Fat Choi

Pajero kid, you bought new 2.8 liter pajero ba? I was out of touch for so long? I remember you had a pajero tonka before. right? whats the big difference you find?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey fundy! Long time no see!

Aside from the obvious difference external in looks.....

Acceleration to 60-80kph is slower than the 2.5L TDIC manual! But from 80kph onwards, the 2.8L TDIC starts to kick *ss.

Diesel consumption is worse by about 0.8km/L (not bad at all considering that i have AT and a bigger engine)

Rides a bit better coz of retuned front suspension (iba settings and some componenets of Gen2 v Gen2.5) and adjustable damper settings. Dati i was skeptical of this feature coz a lot of people say di ramdam. But i can personally vouch for the functionality and usability of this.

Wider turning radius (or me just adjusting)

I MISS MY SUSPENSION SEATS! The novelty of the power adjustable seats has worn off. but it still impresses officemates!

Very improved compass. Its more accurate coz movements of 15deg are detected and displayed (as if anyone need this)

White backlight on gauges (as opposed to amber) Purely subjective, but white looks cooler (literally, amber lights feel like youre in purgatory)

Driver side airbag.

Side facing 3rd row seats (FX style). 2nd row seats are higher (you can look over the driver's shoulder) than in the Gen2

The 1" body lift is kewl.

Interior looks much "maaliwalas" coz of lighter shades of gray.

WOOD PANELING SUCKS!!! Kung pareho lang ang window switches ng Gen2 and Gen2.5, i wouldve swapped these already.
    The best na siguro yung sa huling gen2.5 (Ebony Black)

if i come up with more post ko na lang.... dito boss ko hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    what do you mean by Wider turning radius (or me just adjusting)?

needs more room pa to make a turn? I am still wondering how a big land cruiser can make a perfect u turn on ortigas corner santolan while my gen 2 pajero cannot. have to reverse and forward to make a complete u turn.

am contermplating the limited edition. want to buy one more pajero before it is taken off the market. the new body is out of my budget... besides the fact that the new prado would look much better.

and yes... I do agree with you that the ralliart wheels are nice bec I wouldn't want a gen2.5 with its old mags. my opinion lang... they should have used a bigger wheel.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    guys, in your opinion which color is better gen 2.5 pajero. red or white?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    feel ko.. mas walang kalampag ang gen 2.5 compared to gen 2... sobrang kalampag mga seats ng gen 2 ko eh.. since new pa ito... but.. its a very very good car.. hehe...practical with porma... both the gen 2 and gen 2.5 yung gen 2.. medyo makalampag lang yung seats.. yun lang reklamo ko eh.. heheeh...

ok po both... but kung red yan na dark.. yung medyo maroon ba yun... sa white nalang ako...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fundy, yes, nahihirapan akong lumiko with the gen2.5 for some reason. probably coz nasanay ako sa Momo steering wheel. i dunno, dun sa u-turn ng galleria parking talaga ako hirap. whereas in my gen2, shoot na shoot.

Mags are not a problem as you can always get them from Tire shops. The wheels are pretty much standard stuff for ALL Midsize suvs, 265/70-16s. It looks tiny, but wait till you get a flat tire hehehe.

IMO, black pa rin. but since im in the second hand market, color takes the backseat to overall condition when it comes to priority. So i wound up with Satin Red. But its growing on me. White is a kinda high maintenace color, so i will go with red.

AC, hehe for some reason na remedyohan ko yung kalampag ng rear seats. also, the squeaking sound is gone. You just have to adjust the backrest of the rear seats properly. Agree ako, mas less kalampag ang gen2.5 kesa Gen2. but of course, this may just be because of age and condition. Yung Pajero ni Otep, pansin ko tahimik from the inside.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PK,

Nilalakasan ko lang ang radio. hehehehehe. Yung 2nd row seats napatahimik ko na yun using some rags i bought sa may riles. Yung mga bilog na gawa sa retaso. I stuffed then under the metal seat rails.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    am never attracted to black cars. except limos. dapat last year naka bili na me ng pajero but the color choices then was only black and the funny green. so didn't buy nalang. now they have color choices again. u guys know until when they will be selling these limited edition pajeros? bec once they're gone, 2nd hand market nalang ako bec the new ones are really price prohibitive na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep pk.... sana kung may eb kayo.. sama ako.. tutal... naka diesel nadin naman ako eh.. hehehe... paturo narin ako san lalagay yung mga sapin.. hehe..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sirs.. sama naman ako sa eb nyo nxt tym.. tutal.. deisel narin naman po oto ko.. ehhee pturo narin po ako sa ipit ng basahan hehe

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Pajero Gen. 2 [Merged Threads]