Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^It's because of the trunk space. Kidding

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Noone buys the Lancer EX nowadays anyway.

Haven't seen a new one on the road sporting W-series plates (last of the Rizal series), much less the new LTO plates.
    i see a number of still-plateless ones on my way to work.. a couple are even parked around the office.. the white one looks nice...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 13th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I think it will still continue to be sold but cbu thai na siguro. The Evo X had just been minimaly updated in the States

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    A friend of mine just bought one a month ago andd was considering one too before.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    I fail to comprehend why this would mean higher maintenance costs?
    Iba pa rin ang may sariling planta dito. I remember when I had my AUV maintained at El Dorado (OEM Mitsubishi parts dealer), I asked kung may maintenance parts (filters, suspension parts ) na sila ng Lancer EX, sabi nila i-oorder na lang daw nila sa planta.

And of course, kung CBU Japan, mas magmamahal, less attractive para sa mga buyers. Yung price na lang kasi ang laban nila versus sa iba pang compact.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ That's their usual answer, they will order it. They don't stock all parts, sometimes they get from other shops, it's a common practice. If they say they will get it from warehouse, it does not necessarily mean it's from their warehouse.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With our Philippine-made Ford, it was the same thing... they had to order from the plant. And even with production going full blast, unusual parts, like body panels or cosmetic trim, took weeks to source... just like with cars built elsewhere.

Even with local production, sub-assemblies come from all over, and they're earmarked for use on the production line, so you can't just buy them from the dealer or expect quick delivery from the plant.

And whether or not Lancer production continues here, spare parts availability outside will still continue, all the same.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    I fail to comprehend why this would mean higher maintenance costs? We still have the 97 Lancer (Pizza Pie) and there are no scarcity of parts. Toyota and Mitsubishi spare parts are always available outside CASA. The only part we were forced to source at CASA was the filter for AT fluid for my Lancer but that's about it and I don't expect to buy another AT fluid filter as you only need to replace AT fluid filter only once in a car's lifetime and more modern cars nowadays don't even need AT fluid replacement anymore as they claim it's already good for the car's lifetime w/c is why no need for dipstick for AT fluids anymore.
    correct me if i am wrong but the montero and most likely the strada actually require to change atf at 60t kms.
    for the first gen honda city/jazz cvt even they now require atf changed every 20t kms to avoid transmission issues. previously it was also required every 60t kms.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    ^It's because of the trunk space. Kidding

There might be some truth to that, since even the Mirage G4 has bigger trunk space than the Lancer.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Noone buys the Lancer EX nowadays anyway.

Haven't seen a new one on the road sporting W-series plates (last of the Rizal series), much less the new LTO plates.
    Mine has the w series.

But yeah, sibak na sales ng Lancer ex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Motor Philippines Corp. (MMPC) will stop local production of the Lancer