New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 492 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah dapat gaya na tayo sa mga FIRST WORLD safety standards by making sure the BRAKES can and will always override the GAS PEDAL...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    As Niky said, mas ok nga na ganyan. Also dapat standard na din na kapag umandar na car, nag-au-autolock na doors.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's possible that moving the mats around can wedge the mat under the pedals (I've seen this), but the type of floormat illustrated is soft, and it's not usual for that kind to get wedged to the pedal, not unless one of the loops catches on the underside... not knowing how the Montero pedal is articulated and how the bolt underneath is shaped, I can't say... but that becomes a big possibility if there are sharp edges that can catch in the mat loops.

One thing... if it was a long day, and they were changing drivers often, an unfamiliar driving position and getting in the car quickly and setting off can put your foot in the wrong position. You press the brake to go into D, and all of a sudden you're going forward, because your foot isn't where you thought it was...

So... 50:50 na ganyan.

Yeah... dapat standard na yung brake thing... except for sports cars, of course. Also a good safety device is doors which automatically unlock after a collision.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    aside from the incident involving the TS, has there been any other reported incident on this matter?

it would be good to know the data on this

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    While, in my experience, the engine can overwhelm the brakes (the rear brakes can't stop the rear tires from spinning in a drag-launch), it won't be able to push the car forward at such speeds if you're full on the brakes and have the handbrake up.
    +1

if the dad was actually stepping and, based on the blog, standing on the brake pedal, i highly doubt that the montero will accelerate and slam on the benz like it did. but if the dad was stepping (and probably standing) on the gas pedal, you will expect the montero to roar forward, pushing any car on its path and its engine screaming like crazy.

my honest to goodness opinion: the dad shifted the transmission to D from N and the car suddenly lurched forward. surprised, he slammed on the pedal thinking it was the brake pedal but was standing on the accelerator pedal instead. montero slams benz with engine roaring.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    +1

my honest to goodness opinion: the dad shifted the transmission to D from N and the car suddenly lurched forward. surprised, he slammed on the pedal thinking it was the brake pedal but was standing on the accelerator pedal instead. montero slams benz with engine roaring.
    to shift from N to D or D to N, you do not need to push the button. even a nudge will engage this already

whether good or bad that is up to the user but that is how mitsubishi engineered its shifter and transmission.

for me, i like it. very convenient during the long stoplights

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBRONghini6 View Post
    Ang alam ko pag automatic ang sasakyan. Hindi mag sstart ang engine pag wala sa "P".
    I tried this di nga nag start ang engine pag wala sa P.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nung nagpaservice ako sa diamond q.ave lastweek pinilit nila ipaalis ang isang matting ko dahil doble, posibleng umipit sa gas pedal

may report daw na yun ang cause ng sudden acceleration na nangyari sa MS...

sa i10 ni wifey nangyari din sakin to bigla tumaas ang rpm nasa 1,500 - 2000 yata ( nakalimutan ko na hehe) cable type naman yun. amg MS electronic

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yan pala disadvantages ng A/T.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    nung nagpaservice ako sa diamond q.ave lastweek pinilit nila ipaalis ang isang matting ko dahil doble, posibleng umipit sa gas pedal

may report daw na yun ang cause ng sudden acceleration na nangyari sa MS...

in my last 1K PMS at citimotors makati, hindi naman pinaalis yung rubber matting ko

i have the thick bucket type rubber matting on top of the OEM mats. so far okay naman

although, its been a habit of mine to always check the matting before i drive and pull it closer to the edge of the seat railings

i am planning to install those nice mattings from thailand that covers the whole floor (including the third row seats and cargo area) and transfer my old and used bucket mattings on our hyundai

Mitsubishi Montero Sudden Acceleration Accidents [MERGED]