New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what do you think about that suv? is it worth buying or not?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the price. It can be costly on gas though (around 5km/L).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    is that the current montero sport? if so, i think it has the same engine as the pajero field master (2.8 TDIC). its design is very ooooooold. but i think it's a very capable off-roader with its ride height and old school 4WD system. i think nasa 1.6M sya ngayon no? hmm. baka mas sulit ang sta fe or fortuner for that price.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    like the reply here..the design is too old. not worth the price. when they brought it down here in the philippines, it really didnt sell well, maybe because of the design and features. at the same time, mitsubishi needed to sell the remaining units they have.

get another suv.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Di siguro sport. Monteros are mostly v6 so prepare to gas more when you are driving too much in the city. Better to drive it on highways.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Magkano kaya bentahan ng montero sport 03 to 04 local model? Planning to sell wifey's old gasoline car and replcae it with this big diesel monster.. Napopogian kasi ako kahit luma na

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Magkano kaya bentahan ng montero sport 03 to 04 local model? Planning to sell wifey's old gasoline car and replcae it with this big diesel monster.. Napopogian kasi ako kahit luma na
    hi sir. the locally sourced Montero Sport (CBU Japan) was launched in January 2005 (in tandem with the Grandis back then). although i'm not to aware of the used car values but i can project a 900,000 - 1,000,000 price tag for this. but if you still want an 03 or 04 model, go for the Pajero Field Master instead.

I believe the plant no longer has inventory for the old Montero Sport. It didn't sell well mainly because of the steep price. at 1.6M, a better equipped Fortuner (CBU Thailand) was a better buy. So a Montero Sport came with all the importation taxes and duties slapped on it since it came from Japan unlike the Fortuner that enjoyed the AFTA tax-rate previllege.

Lets see how the next Montero Sport as well as other Mitsubishi models will fare for the 2nd half of this year! Please read today's Manila Bulletin business section Page 2-2 because the next Montero (Sport) has been mentioned there!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    hi sir. the locally sourced Montero Sport (CBU Japan) was launched in January 2005 (in tandem with the Grandis back then). although i'm not to aware of the used car values but i can project a 900,000 - 1,000,000 price tag for this. but if you still want an 03 or 04 model, go for the Pajero Field Master instead.

I believe the plant no longer has inventory for the old Montero Sport. It didn't sell well mainly because of the steep price. at 1.6M, a better equipped Fortuner (CBU Thailand) was a better buy. So a Montero Sport came with all the importation taxes and duties slapped on it since it came from Japan unlike the Fortuner that enjoyed the AFTA tax-rate previllege.

Lets see how the next Montero Sport as well as other Mitsubishi models will fare for the 2nd half of this year! Please read today's Manila Bulletin business section Page 2-2 because the next Montero (Sport) has been mentioned there!
    Thanks Ian, yes sobrang mahal niya pag bnew, definitely not worth it..pero a slightly used and depreciated 2nd hand unit might do the trick..An old school 4x4 with old school engine technology but with simple and basic maintenance requirements is fine with me...sana nasa mga 700k nalang to

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by samejicon View Post
    what do you think about that suv? is it worth buying or not?
    OT lang... sis mag-strada ka na! para may muse na kami!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Get an Outlander GLS Sport na lang!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi Montero