New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^mirage employs, multi valve (12 valves all in all), turbo and variable valve technique thats why it can tackle high rpm with an uphill climb using a low gear

Mirage engine with code 3a9X is made by daimler, and i dont expect it any way inferior to hondas vtec engine technology

Panis ang makina ng wigo which i presume only employ 8 valves, non turbo and non variable valve

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    May turbo ang mirage? 12 valves ang wigo. 3 cylinders malabo ang 8 valves lang.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^Mikuni ang maker ng turbo ng mirage. I felt the lag at the beginning of my ownership of this car

Wigo have 4 cylinders equipped with 8 valves. 2 valves per cylinder, thats why wigo lacks air on an uphill climb

Mirage have 3 cylinders equipped with 12 valves. 4 valves per cylinder, kaya mirage can induce more air to help boost the engine on an uphill climb

Last edited by kisshmet; April 7th, 2017 at 09:14 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2818182
    ^Mikuni ang maker ng turbo ng mirage. I felt the lag at the beginning of my ownership of this car

Wigo have 4 cylinders equipped with 8 valves. 2 valves per cylinder, thats why wigo lacks air on an uphill climb

Mirage have 3 cylinders equipped with 12 valves. 4 valves per cylinder, kaya mirage can induce more air to help boost the engine on an uphill climb

wigo has 3 cylinders and 12 valves or 4 valves per cylinder. it's an engine design that is at least 10 years old, and has won engine awards in its day.
    in my opinion, wigo doesn't lack air on uphill climb. what it lacks, is cc displacement, dahil 0.998 liter lang siya. heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

You have a turbo on your Mirage? Saan mo pinakabit?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Wow the Mirage has a turbo?!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    baka hindi turbo.
    baka fuel injection lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    tama si sir *dr. d, wigo has 3 cylinders with 1.0 engine displacement based sa press release nila. torn between the 2 when i had my first mirage hatchback (2015). i don't think mirage engine with a displacement of 1.2 has a turbo...all i know, it has a "sweet spot" around 70-90 KPH na pag pumalo na ang Mivec nya talaga matulin, again based lang sa experience ko to ah when i had my hatch doing resing resing with the Vios taxi on a straight path.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Wow the Mirage has a turbo?!
    No it doesn't. Para lang yan yung nagpost dito dati na may turbo daw yung CRV niya. 😂😂😂

Unless aftermarket, which is pretty pointless but still possible.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    ^mirage employs, multi valve (12 valves all in all), turbo and variable valve technique thats why it can tackle high rpm with an uphill climb using a low gear

Mirage engine with code 3a9X is made by daimler, and i dont expect it any way inferior to hondas vtec engine technology

Panis ang makina ng wigo which i presume only employ 8 valves, non turbo and non variable valve

as in turbo?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mirage doesn't have a turbo.

The "lag" felt there is the hole in the powerband due to engine tuning.

So far, issues with ours are a chattering AC clutch on start-up... that's about it.

Pretty decent car. Better economy, IMHO, than the Wigo. I've driven this, the Wigo and the Celerio multiple times in the past. Didn't like the Wigo... terribly cheap interior and asthmatic performance compared to the Mirage and Celerio, with no benefits in terms of economy. Prefer the Celerio most, but the family doesn't like the back seat. The Mirage had the best balance of space, performance and economy, so that's what we got.

I can foresee what will potentially break in the next few years. The stock horn is absolutely pathetic. The suspension is lightweight, and I'm anticipating some clunks in a few years (but then, that's par for the course for any car driven in the Philippines)... beyond that, I like the engine the most in this size class, and the Mirage is tied with the Wigo in terms of interior space, but with a better looking and feeling interior.

As for resale? Toyota premium is over-rated. Check on OLX and there are 2014 Mirages for as low as 299k. There are also 2014 Wigos for as low as 270k. Some secondhand Wigos feature asking prices higher than brand new... but what idiot would pay brand new price for a secondhand car? Both average at 350k. Granted, Mirages start at 50k more than Wigos, but Mitsubishi offers deep discounts (we got ours for 40k off).

Besides, we don't buy and sell on three to five year cycles. We'll run this car into the ground. Already at 10k kilometers and it's not six months old yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast