New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    How's your Mitsubishi Mirage CVT/MT doing? how's the aftermarket experience? planning to buy a mirage this month.. how is it?

How's the maintenance doing?
    How's the suspension doing?
    How's the FC?
    How's the overall driving experience?
    How well can you compare it now against the Wigo and the Brio not to mention Swift 1.2 or Celerio?
    Any advice before buying a Mirage?

Your feedback is gonna be a big factor for me before buying this car. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by teknogeek View Post
    How's your Mitsubishi Mirage CVT/MT doing? how's the aftermarket experience? planning to buy a mirage this month.. how is it?

How's the FC?
    How well can you compare it now against the Wigo and the Brio not to mention Swift 1.2 or Celerio?

Your feedback is gonna be a big factor for me before buying this car. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    dear mirage owners:
    i have a wigo AT.
    tell me what i'm missing!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    dear mirage owners:
    i have a wigo AT.
    tell me what i'm missing!
    yeah tell us what we are missing!! hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    You are missing everything..haha.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by teknogeek View Post

How's the FC?

CVT is running smoothly, scheduled for replacement by 40k according to the manual but casa scheduled it at 30k

Brake, coolant fluid are scheduled for replacement by 40k

Hitachi battery lasted over 3 years, just topped it up with deionized water then later on with rain water

Relays are made by panasonic

High current fuses are well built and well located

Alternator winded wires are thick

The 3 spark plugs are iridium tipped which is scheduled for replacement by 100k km

Park lamp failed after 4 years

Aircon manual control illumination lamp got busted after 4 years

Impact sensor replaced after 3 years

Mitsubishi let me bring my own oil. 3liters of oil cost P1000

Aircon is made by denso, still good after 4 years

Tires are from bridgestone

P4/km fuel cost, mostly 95 octane

Side mirrors are huge

Engine is powerful enough to tread hilly terain (cabiang tunnel), steep parking like in isetann recto and basement parking of araneta center caloocan, the mall in commonwealth and regalado

Air filter typically cost P500

Aircon cabin filter P900

Oil filter cost P300

My advice is to go for wigo for the resale value

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; April 5th, 2017 at 09:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by junietapia View Post
    You are missing everything..haha.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    please elucidate.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    CVT is running smoothly, scheduled for replacement by 40k according to the manual but casa scheduled it at 30k

Brake, coolant fluid are scheduled for replacement by 40k

Hitachi battery lasted over 3 years, just topped it up with deionized water then later on with rain water

Relays are made by panasonic

High current fuses are well built and well located

Alternator winded wires are thick

The 3 spark plugs are iridium tipped which is scheduled for replacement by 100k km

Park lamp failed after 4 years

Aircon manual control illumination lamp got busted after 4 years

Impact sensor replaced after 3 years

Mitsubishi let me bring my own oil. 3liters of oil cost P1000

Aircon is made by denso, still good after 4 years

Tires are from bridgestone

P4/km fuel cost, mostly 95 octane

Side mirrors are huge

Engine is powerful enough to tread hilly terain (cabiang tunnel), steep parking like in isetann recto and basement parking of araneta center caloocan, the mall in commonwealth and regalado

Air filter typically cost P500

Aircon cabin filter P900

Oil filter cost P300

My advice is to go for wigo for the resale value

talagah!
    thanks.

you recommend wigo? i was wondering for mirage.
    i guess, we both are victims of "the seaweed is always greener on the other side of the lake" syndrome.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^sensors are made by bosch

GLX head unit is so so, but attach an android tablet and it will work wonders with offline maps, dlna entertainment, witv digital tv. Thru a separate LTE modem it will transform the car into a mobile internet hub thru tethering or hotspot where everyone riding this car can enjoy audio & video streaming

If the buyer looks beneath the surface mirage is the way to go, but if its resale value one can never go wrong with a toyota

I always look beneath the surface

Last edited by kisshmet; April 6th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Was in Manila for more than half of March and was able to meet friends and Uber/Grab drivers who use a Mirage (sorry, I can't comment on the Wigo)

My friends love their Mirage (G4 and Hatch) they say it's more fuel efficient compared to the old (non-Dual VVTI) Vios.

1 Uber/Grab driver told me he hates the fact that the Mirage uses a cable type clutch... He already broke 2 cables in 2 years.

Personally, I hate the look of the Mirage's aircon vent (the one in the middle)... I see it all the time when I drove my friend's car...

I also hate the flat feel of the rear seats (reminds me of the FX)

Against the Wigo (on paper), I love the fact that the Mirage has a bigger engine (I have occassional trips to Ilocos). I also prefer CVT than the normal A/T.

Against the Brio... The Brio is more expensive, has a better engine and it's a Honda.

Wigo may have a better resale value but if you do not plan to sell your car in the next 5-10 years, you may want to test drive all 3 cars and see which one you prefer.

(My personal theory) Mirage is under the "CARS" program so I guess it's model won't change for the next 6 years... Which means the car won't look too old since you won't expect a next generation anytime soon.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^mirage employs, multi valve (12 valves all in all), turbo and variable valve technique thats why it can tackle high rpm with an uphill climb using a low gear

Mirage engine with code 3a9X is made by daimler, and i dont expect it any way inferior to hondas vtec engine technology

Panis ang makina ng wigo which i presume only employ 8 valves, non turbo and non variable valve

Last edited by kisshmet; April 6th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast