New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Who's in the mood for a Mitsubishi Mirage Evo?

It looks as if the Evolution lineup in Mitsubishi may be getting bigger, but not too much bigger. Rumor has it that the struggling Japanese automaker is currently working on developing an Evolution trim level for its incoming hatchback, the Mitsubishi Mirage.

Details are still pretty thin on this potential model, buy Japanese magazine, Best Car, is all but certain that the model is underway and it will join the Mirage lineup shortly after its 2013 release. Seeing a subcompact hatchback like this bearing the “EVO” badge may seem a little strange, given the fact that the original Lancer Evolution has always been a four-door sedan with monstrous performance numbers.

This version of the EVO will not quite have the power numbers of the Lancer EVO, but it will be extremely powerful, given its puny specifications. Under the hood, we all expect to see a 1.5-liter three-banger engine that pumps out a respectful 150 horsepower, thanks to the help of a turbocharger. Where this new Evolution will make up ground is in the diet that Mitsubishi has this hatchback on. When it is all said and done, it is expected that Mitsubishi will have the Mirage weighing less than 2,000 lbs, giving it around a 12.5 pounds-per-horsepower rating, which is very respectable for its class.

Other than those few bits of information, everyone’s lips are pretty well sealed on the possible Mirage Evolution. We will continue to monitor the rumor mills for you and keep you up to date on all of the latest rumors and leaks, as we keep our fingers crossed for this performance subcompact hatchback.
    -topspeed.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Under 900 kgs? I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm hopeful.

150 hp plus 900 kilograms is going to be freaking FUN.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011

Mitsubishi Mirage Evo

astig nito!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I want one!!!

This looks meaner than a Honda Fit/Jazz with all the Mugen borloloys strapped on.
    Last edited by Altis6453; September 25th, 2012 at 12:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The problem is it might be also very expensive given the materials they'll probably be using given the 900kg weight target. Nasa almost 1,000kg+ yung current mirage eh.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    gusto ko makita Nyan sa daan pwedeng pang WRC...!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I want one!!!

This looks meaner than a Honda Fit/Jazz with all the Mugen borloloys strapped on.
    Go fast Mitsus have always been mean looking. From the old high powered Galants to Lancer EVO. No sissy looking. :D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    If Transformers 1 will be just filming today, this will be Bumblebee.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    wow! ang tapang ng hitsura!!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sana 4a92 1.6 MIVEC Turbo nalang nilagay nila sa mirage evo.
    Small car, monster performance haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast