New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mahal kasi yung L300 exceed nearly p1m na kasi exact price 960K. Way to expensive if you ask me for a van thats practically an old design

Sir evo-xtreme,
    I was fortunate also to own an mb100 bought it in 1998 same time with otep in simple points every time I had a check up I spent nearly 20k every time, things I spend for mobil 1 fully synthetic 7.5 liters nearly 4k, other things that broke, water pump, clutch disc pressure plate, front shocks, front rubber boot(kasi front wheel drive), transmission cable, rear aircon evaporator, disc pads front and rear, greasing of all the locks and doors handles (madaling masira daw kaya prevention manipis masydo and plastic) 2x palit ng aircon belt ( weird design it only has 1 belt to move the aircon compressor, power steering, alternator and water pump. Overall I wasn't satisfied with this van. True the size is enormous and the space ,comfort , features are somewhat good. But the built quality for my van stinks. Kaya after 4 years and 22k km I sold the mb100. Good riddance hehehehe. luckily I still have the L3 even if its in poor shape, no maintence whatsoever it sitll does a good job of transporting goods and people
    The good side of the mb100 is its engine its reallt powerful I can climb parking ramps in 3 gear without stepping on the gas malakas talaga ang torque, top speed is only at 135 because it had a speed limiter installed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    johnart,

Baka naman sa Casa mo pinapamaintain MB100 mo? Mahal talaga dun. Rimula X or Castrol mineral-based lang gamit namin. Recently lang nag-wear out yung clutch. Nagpalit na din kami nung other parts you mentioned pero magkakalayo naman ang intervals and hindi na OEM ang gamit namin so malaking tipid talaga.

The door handles were subject to a recall. Commercial Motors replaced our for free. Pati yung intake ng makina pinalitan nila with an improved part.

Sorry OT

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    medyo magastos pala magmaintain ng mb100... hehe! yung van namin minsan pa lang namin ipa oil change... 2 years na nga yatang hindi pinapalitan yun eh, but still has clean gas emissions... dati nga pala bumili kami nung "motor-up" engine oil sa home tv shopping, pagkalagay nun naging maganda ang engine performance nung van and hindi sya gaanong maingay... kaya siguro hanggang ngayon maganda pa ang takbo ng L3 namin... 0_0

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We had one of these dati. Gas engine. Ang tahimik nga ng makina like otep said. and whatever noise the engine produced was sweeeeet. parang huni ng electric motor. i wish i had it now.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    otep,
    sa labas mostly pinagawa pero mahal parin yung mga parts
    tama si pk may humming sound yung engine unique with the L3 gas. especially at steady driving maririnig mo talaga

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang mga 6x6... humuhini

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The humming sound is due to the balance shafts installed in the L300 gas engine. It was one of the few local engines to ever come with a balance shaft (usually used on 4 cyl engines to reduce vibrations).

Update: L300 VV's now have ELR (retracting) type front seatbelts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    whats a balance shaft? is this the engine support? never noticed the humming sound.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A balance shaft is a shaft inside the engine. It rotates in the opposite direction that the internals of the engine rotates to counter the vibrations.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    try driving the L300 van at a steady 30 to 40 kph. Open the window and you will hear the engine humming

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi L300 Versa Van