New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Just got a pricelist from mitsubishi. they are offering P330,000.00 for the galant 240. Baka anybody could shed light bakit kaya ganun. From 1.52 million, magiging P1.2+ million na lang. May catch ba ito? I know may bago nang model ang galant pero bakit kaya ganito kalaki ang discount? Any info please, baka may alam kayo na di namin alam about this car.. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by giqiri View Post
    Just got a pricelist from mitsubishi. they are offering P330,000.00 for the galant 240. Baka anybody could shed light bakit kaya ganun. From 1.52 million, magiging P1.2+ million na lang. May catch ba ito? I know may bago nang model ang galant pero bakit kaya ganito kalaki ang discount? Any info please, baka may alam kayo na di namin alam about this car.. thanks
    hi there... to my understanding, there is no catch in on why the Galant has a hefty discount. MMPC has lowered the price for marketability purposes against the Accord, Teana and Camry. If you would recall, the previous Gen Mazda 6 2.3 had a similar discount also to woo compact saloon buyers (i.e. Altis 1.8G, Civic 2.0S) but the Galant 240M is still the latest model and the 10th gen Galant should be out by 2009/2010 based on the Concept ZT. I checked on the taiwanese website - Galant's country of origin and it is still the same current model on sale.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by giqiri View Post
    Poor sales.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Poor sales.
    imho, there are two things that made them do that. first is poor sales. if you would observe, you seldom see a galant on the road.

and the second, is to improve sales...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Poor sales.
    True, this entire month, I've only seen one.

The Galant 240M aka Galant Grunder with the horrible rendition of the Boulay pizza grill just didn't work out.

I remember the early units tested by the local car magazines only had one airbag!

If the facelifted 2008 Galant was launched here, do you think sales would have been slightly better?

2% increase?

I just hope Mitsubishi speeds up the development of the next Galant.
    The Concept ZT may give us a hint on Mitsubishi's next mid-size/large sedan (Export market Galant?)
    Last edited by AG4; April 28th, 2008 at 08:30 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When you have the Camry, Accord and 6 around the block its no wonder why di ito mabenta....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Poor sales lang kase kaya ganyan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    it think it just wants to be competitive with the market para bumili ang mga tao... which IMO, is not really happening.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^True. Wala paring bibili nyan even at 1.3M because its just so boring... I would still get a Civic FD over this anytime even though its a bigger car....

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    May nakita kong ganito kulay puti naka 19" na mags...Gwapo!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Galant big discount! Bakit kaya?