New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just want to know.... what problems do you guys encountered with your galant? i also have a galant supersalon 95 model... thanks....:confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    problematic areas of the 7g galant include a weak underchassis (suspension arms, shocks, etc.) and a tendency of the disc brakes to warp. just make sure that you undergo the regular PMS and you're set to go :D

mejo weak din ang A/T variant nito eh.

basically eto lang ang problems na na-encounter ko. i suggest you replace the OEM fluid type shocks to more firm, and sturdy gas shocks. negligible difference in terms of ride quality. makes the chassis a bit more firm lang. sarap ng hatak ng 4g63 makina ng super saloon, matakaw nga lang sa gas pag pedal to the metal driver ka.

i'm experimenting on using a laid back driving style, e.g. shifting up at around 2.5k sa tach para malaman ko kung ano magiging fuel economy ko

HTH

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    suspension nga yun mahina.. lagi may sira ng bushing.. plus the fact that most of the front suspension bushing are not swappable. so you have to change the whole arm.

speaking of disc warp, am having mine re-faced on thur.. and hopefully upgrade to better pads/fluids as well

despite those problems, the 7g galant is a great car. comfortable for long drives, stable at speed..

its hard to go back to tiny 1.6L after you've gone 2L :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa amin..

1. suspension arm at 25k kms (P9,000)
    2. a/t tranny at 40k kms (its starts in 3rd gear and usually overheats after 1 hour on driving. estimated repair by casa is P100k, pina-remedyo lang namin muna sa isang shop, dapat lang laging o/d off...cost was 10k, but we havent drove it ng malayo. for coding nalang)

comfy naman ang ride, engine power is also ok.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    lateral arms on both sides. aside from dat, i noticed dat wen turning left on rough surfaces, ders a knocking sound on the driver's side underchassis components. suspension uli yun, but my car is a '97 model vr. normal wear and tear na siguro after 6yrs, yung mga lateral arms na pinalitan ang premature wear n tear

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with the people have posted here. Suspension is one point against it. Another would be that damned A/T. Citimotors was charging us P100K din! :whoa: Siyempre di kami kakagat no, sira pala sila eh! Buti na lang may mga friends kami na taga-citimotors, so sinideline na lang namen. In the end it cost us around P30K, pinalitan yung clutch disc, pressure plate, etc,etc.

Apart from those things, I like that car. It's fast, stable at HIGH speed:D , masarap lalo na pag long drive!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we also had suspension problems with our 94 VR, mostly on the bushings.

but i like the engine. di ka kakapusin sa power, but not as refined as the next generation galant's 2.5 V6 or the nissan cefiro V6.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but the 8g 4g63 sohc powerplant really sucked IMO... ang bagal na tlga compared to the previous model of the same trim.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i have a '93 GTi Galant converted to automatic, ano b solution pag yun transmission masyado na malakas ang vibration pag idle lang or pag naka drive at full stop?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Own a 97 Galant ES and had a recall to replace the suspension arm including bolt-joints. hindi pa sira pero pinalitan ng Mitsu Motors Corp of USA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Galant