New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Mitsubishi PHL to introduce Euro-4 compliant L3 vans | BusinessMirror

The old l300 may have already certificate of stock.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since may 4n15 na they can use the 4d56 that was used in the second gen monty. Just detune it a bit for the L300. Even the non-vgt one i believe is already euro4 compliant. (Correct me if i am wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I believe the government gave them ample time (which is why the implementation was delayed until start of 2018). Supposedly all EURO 4 by start of 2016.

That's why I don't understand how come there are still "old" L300 units being sold. Are these "forgotten" units that they just happen to find somewhere?

I don't see (as of now) Isuzu Phil. selling off "old" units with non compliant engines.
    i also question the definition of "remaining units".
    does it mean, actual running units waiting to be driven away?
    does it mean, un-assembled parts, still to be put together to be made into running units?

perhaps the new models with new engines, still look a lot like the old models, as to be mistaken for old models?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 10th, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I read somewhere it would be too costly to adapt another (compliant) engine (from the Mitsubishi family) in the place of the old 4D56 onto the old L300 body. Too costly.

In other words, the old L300 cab body can only work with the old 4D56 (without occurring huge development costs).

There are even talks of using the delica cab (paired with a new euro 4 compliant engine) as the successor to the L300.

MMPI got around 4-5 years to prepare for the inevitable. I dont know what is taking them so long.

They left a big hole in the market. Even the Hyundai H100 cannot fill it. (I dont see any major company using it- Even Fiber Home rushed to buy old L300 FB for their late 2017)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I read somewhere it would be too costly to adapt another (compliant) engine (from the Mitsubishi family) in the place of the old 4D56 onto the old L300 body. Too costly.

In other words, the old L300 cab body can only work with the old 4D56 (without occurring huge development costs).

There are even talks of using the delica cab (paired with a new euro 4 compliant engine) as the successor to the L300.

MMPI got around 4-5 years to prepare for the inevitable. I dont know what is taking them so long.

They left a big hole in the market. Even the Hyundai H100 cannot fill it. (I dont see any major company using it- Even Fiber Home rushed to buy old L300 FB for their late 2017)
    If Isuzu was unwilling to upgrade their bestselling Crosswind to Euro 4 standard, I doubt the decades-older L300 can take it.

The Delica might be plausible. It is still being sold in Taiwan in both van and truck forms, albeit with a 4G64 detuned to 116hp. But even if they do find a Euro 4 diesel engine for it, it is still a nearing 30 year old design...

I wonder if they will at least consider the Space Gear platform. At least it has been proven that Hyundai was able to make it work with the D4CB in the Starex GRX.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I was hoping that Mitsubishi brings in a rebadged Renault Traffic here in our shores with the engine and tranny of the current montero

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    The article was from 2017 and I also asked from Mitsu late last year the possibility of them introducing something close to what the l300 FB was, but they just pointed me to the direction of the L200 Single Cab and Chassis.

And now, with the release of the new Strada, even that is out of their lineup when I asked in January 2019.

So, we chose the Dmax as the Alternative Option instead to replace our aged L300 FB.

But I am still wondering when Mitsu/Nissan for that matter will compete.

With the Xpander/Livina being done for Indonesian market, I suddenly remembered that Nissan did have something in their product line (elsewhere) that wasn't released here, the NV200. Could Renault-Nissan-Mitsu alliance do something with that model maybe?

I doubt we'd see the Montero, or Shogun Sport Commercial be released here as they could devalue the current branding of the Montero here in our market.

This Mitsubishi Montero Sport Hides a Secret | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Automotive Features, and New Car Prices | ************

But who knows.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The article was from 2017 and I also asked from Mitsu late last year the possibility of them introducing something close to what the l300 FB was, but they just pointed me to the direction of the L200 Single Cab and Chassis.

And now, with the release of the new Strada, even that is out of their lineup when I asked in January 2019.

So, we chose the Dmax as the Alternative Option instead to replace our aged L300 FB.

But I am still wondering when Mitsu/Nissan for that matter will compete.

With the Xpander/Livina being done for Indonesian market, I suddenly remembered that Nissan did have something in their product line (elsewhere) that wasn't released here, the NV200. Could Renault-Nissan-Mitsu alliance do something with that model maybe?

I doubt we'd see the Montero, or Shogun Sport Commercial be released here as they could devalue the current branding of the Montero here in our market.

This Mitsubishi Montero Sport Hides a Secret | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Automotive Features, and New Car Prices | ************

But who knows.
    Maybe take a look at the NV350 with Cargo? Gonna be a couple years yet but I'm mulling over my next truck purchase as well. The van body certainly gets pulled over a lot less, and can get into places light trucks can't.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Malapit na ito, Mukhang 4N14 engine daw:

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...di-euro-4.html

Kahit 4N13 okay na din, mas tipid. Kaya sa power. Kung galing sa NA 4D56, malaking improvement sa power ang 4N13, mas magaan din siguro.

Sana ganito din gawin sa Adventure, plus upgrade sa safety features, minimum 3-pt seatbelts sa 3rd row, at dual airbags. Kaka-sakay ko lang din ng Grab na Adventure, maaliwalas at airy ang space para sa footprint niya. Maganda i-retain ang side-facing 3rd row since pang emergency lang naman ito, para full-flat cargo area pa din with 2nd and 3rd row seats folded.

Okay ito na lighter, more efficient, at more compact Diesel alternative sa Innova. Kung may Rush/Avanza-Innova sa Toyota, okay na may Xpander-Adventure tandem sa Mitsubishi.

Kailangan mag-signature campaign sa Mitsubishi para buhayin ang Adventure.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why oh why did they retain the old body? This had better be dirt cheap then.

On the other hand, if this can be done to the L300, a design that is over 30 years old, then it can surely be done to the Adventure and Crosswind too. Malamang na malamang marami parin bibili neto, probably even more than before.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast