New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]This thread is to post your issues and solutions for the stock headunit of the Mitsubishi ASX.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have noticed a few issues with my ASX's stock headunit.

When playing MP3 files on the DVD or USB:
    - it would only recognize only 500 files (I have around 800 music files). It does not matter if the file are located in different folders.
    - shuffle mode will only shuffle through the first 250 files.

Is there a solution so I can play all 800 MP3 files?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have noticed a few issues with my ASX's stock headunit.

When playing MP3 files on the DVD or USB:
    - it would only recognize only 500 files (I have around 800 music files). It does not matter if the file are located in different folders.
    - shuffle mode will only shuffle through the first 250 files.

Is there a solution so I can play all 800 MP3 files?
    Only playing using my Ipod but maybe it is worth a try if you try contacting the OEM of our head unit. Yours is AVT just like mine, right? here is the link, in case you don't have it http://www.avt.ph/avt-intell-nav.html.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I am using both, usb and ipod( iphone) when I play my music..so far ang pansin ko lang is kahit na naka "0" na yung volume ko before ko turn off yung unit,pag "on" ko, nasa 12-13 agad yung volume...sa mp3 naman, wala pa ako concern,maybe because I do not have more than 300 mp3 files yet..hehehe...by the way, I like the way the HU sounds,seems like there is a built in sub woofer..12-13 lang volume ko, bumabayo na kapag hip hop or rnb music ko...hehehehe, kayo ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FoundOnRoadDead View Post
    I am using both, usb and ipod( iphone) when I play my music..so far ang pansin ko lang is kahit na naka "0" na yung volume ko before ko turn off yung unit,pag "on" ko, nasa 12-13 agad yung volume...sa mp3 naman, wala pa ako concern,maybe because I do not have more than 300 mp3 files yet..hehehe...by the way, I like the way the HU sounds,seems like there is a built in sub woofer..12-13 lang volume ko, bumabayo na kapag hip hop or rnb music ko...hehehehe, kayo ba?
    The HU is already adequate enough and much better than other cars around of the same level. What I did was, i took my ride to Mickeys and have the two front speakers and tweeters replaced by Focal and have a deadening mat installed in all doors including the rear and the result...a very nice sound. Nabawasan nga din noice coming from outside kaya enjoy mga kasama ko, lalo na nasa likod, they said wala ingay...hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FoundOnRoadDead View Post

With 300 mp3s, you can already experience some of the problem. The shuffle play mode will not play the songs beyond 250... so in your case, the last 50 songs will be ignored.

You can enable shuffle play and press next song a few times, you will notice songs beyond number 250 will never play.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I can't control my iPod from the head unit and sometimes the right speaker goes out (iPod only).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hello thread! Just wanted to share with you my car. Btw, for all the other ASX owners out there have you had trouble with your car? First of all, my head units acting kind of weird. I can't control my iPod through it and sometimes, theres no sound on the left speakers. The casa tried fixing it to no avail. And theres a certain sound coming from the rear right suspension (I think) when I go over humps. Can anyone help?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    So far ok naman unit ko sir..regarding sa ipod, are you trying to control it sa remote or sa mismong Head unit?..if remote, maybe mahina na battery nung remote niya..if sa head unit, may time kasi na mabagal response ng HU lalo na kung malaki yung memory ng ipod mo..sa kin kasi im using my iphone kaya medyo kakaunti lang yung ina-access nung processor nung HU..sa sound naman sir, try adjusting sa sound setting, sa "balance" or " fader" or minsan may mp3 kasi na mahina recording sa left or right speakers depende sa effects ng recording..sa shocks naman sir, baka may loose ka lang na gamit sa likod or sa may spare tire area nung kotse or mismong spare tire maluwag..nangyari na kasi sa kin yan minsan, akala ko may problem din shock ko kasi sa humps ko lang nadidinig yung ingay na yun, nung check ko spare tire area, may gamit lang akong kakalat kalat dun sa area..tinanggal ko lang gamit na yun after that wala na yung tunog..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Tried every thing already regarding the head unit, although mine didn't come with a remote. Its not the songs, its not the settings, I'm pretty sure its something wrong with the wiring. Jerking the wires used to work, doesn't now. Sometimes a reset of the HU works, minsan lubak lang. Now, after they tried "fixing" it, I can't see the songs on the HU. When on my iPhone and iPod classic, I have to choose the songs from the device itself. The songs don't appear on the HU as it used to.

As for the noise, its not the things in the back either, I've tried removing them. We tested it at the casa and the guy there said that there's definitely something wrong with it although he didn't know what. A re-tightening of all the bolts didn't solve the problem.

Annnnddd... I'm not really a fan of the HU in the first place, are there alternatives that will connect to the steering wheel controls as well?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi ASX - STOCK head unit issues