New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    1. Ive seen several post in social media that 4n15 consume engine oil, about 1 litter per 3000km. Is this normal or not?

2. Too much blow gas or white smoke coming out of the dipstick. As per casa they say its normal because of newer engine design that have EGR. How much blowby is normal?

3. When opening the oil filler cap there is white smoke and oil. I know you dont suppose to do that but is it normal to have white smoke and oil spitting?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    1. Ive seen several post in social media that 4n15 consume engine oil, about 1 litter per 3000km. Is this normal or not?

2. Too much blow gas or white smoke coming out of the dipstick. As per casa they say its normal because of newer engine design that have EGR. How much blowby is normal?

3. When opening the oil filler cap there is white smoke and oil. I know you dont suppose to do that but is it normal to have white smoke and oil spitting?
    i don't have 4n15, but on toyota 2gd engine, same observation.. except for the oil consumption..

yung "gas" coming out of the dipstick and oil filler cap is normal.. remember that the engine has turbo pushing air into the intake even when idle.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    When you see some gas from the oil filler with a hot engine it is normal.

Oil consumption

Your concerns point to monitoring/checkinf engine temperatures and thermostat

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    They use a lighter weight oil 5w30 or much lighter,instead of recommended in manual that specifically said that you use a grade/wt oil according to atmospheric temperature. What to expect, pang winter grade gamit. Dami kasi snow dito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    They use a lighter weight oil 5w30 or much lighter,instead of recommended in manual that specifically said that you use a grade/wt oil according to atmospheric temperature. What to expect, pang winter grade gamit. Dami kasi snow dito.

All of them can go to 50c. Its cooling system related. Lubrication shouldnt be a problem.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Lighter weight oil tends to shear much faster. Tried all the wt from 5w30-15w40. In comparison sa nacocollect sa oil catch can almost a liter sa 5w30 vs 300cc sa 15w40 after 10,000km. Winter oil is no no dito sa klima natin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Lighter weight oil tends to shear much faster. Tried all the wt from 5w30-15w40. In comparison sa nacocollect sa oil catch can almost a liter sa 5w30 vs 300cc sa 15w40 after 10,000km. Winter oil is no no dito sa klima natin.

Unless your engine requires it. Most new gas-fed engines require low viscosity fully synthetic oils. Ford uses 5w20 or 5w30. Honda uses 0w20. Subaru uses 0w20 for NA and 5w30 for turbo. Even VW requires 5w30 for its TDI engines.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Unless your engine requires it. Most new gas-fed engines require low viscosity fully synthetic oils. Ford uses 5w20 or 5w30. Honda uses 0w20. Subaru uses 0w20 for NA and 5w30 for turbo. Even VW requires 5w30 for its TDI engines.

Yup, dati kong Jazz gk uses 0w20. No problem dun.

But for a diesel turbo charged, will uses a higher weight oil but still within manufactures specified recommendation

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post

1. in the olden days, 1 liter per 5000 km was still acceptable. that one liter is about what it takes to raise the oil level from the low line to the high line in the dipstick. but nowadays... it might be too much.

2. that's normal. kasi, the seal between piston and cylinder wall is not perfect. meron laging nakakalusot.

3. normal. same explanation as #2 above.

if you want to find out whether the engine will need expensive fixing in the near future, do a compression test.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1qrt in 2000miles that's too high pala

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast