New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    madami na problems famill van namin. since my dad already lost interest with cars and our drivers does not care as long as its running i think its my responsiblity to take care of it. naks!

anyway, here are the problems iv noticed/observed:

1. um, bali ang emergency handbrake so what we do is i-pasok muna sa gear para hindi umatras. from the middle ata. how do i fix it and how much kaya?

2. its heating up! it all started when our driver lost the original radiator cap so i just purchased a generic one. 50 pesos lang. kaso hindi ata tama ang pressure rating eh. ano ba pressure rating ng L300 radiator? where can i buy it and for how much?

3. the speedometer is not working anymore. where can i get it fix and how much kaya?

4. when i turn off the engine parang ayaw pa mamatay. what seem to be wrong?

5. hmmm.. yung aircon sa likod parang ang hina na rin.

thats about it for now! hehehe...

sensya na po.. i dont really know where to have it fixed and where to buy the parts i need. btw, im located in monumento near MCU hospital baka may shop na kayo na i-rerecomend. another thing, 1994 ata yung van namin.

thanks for spending time and hope to here from you guys soon! salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    una, fire the damn driver.....hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    1. You can buy a new hand brake lever. You can get this from El Dorado, Atco, Bestcolt, etc.
    2. You can also get the stock (OEM) radiator cap from the above mentioned stores
    3. The cable might have already snapped.
    4. Most likely the engine timing is not correct.
    5. General A/C cleaning. People here highly recommend Mang Mario's shop. Do a search.

I suggest you take your rig to Motorcraft in Banawe (tel 02 4148633). The owner is Robert Ong. Just be sure to get there early coz the line can get quite long.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes n as much as possible have it all done in one shop.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    major prokblems that i encounter with our l300 are the aircon and overheating problems,not really overheating but the temp goes up everytime the van is stuck on traffics.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sa MCU ka lang, malapit ka lang kina Mang Mario for your a/c needs (SM North lang sila, search for the thread).

Yung parts, as mentioned, maraming nagbebenta.

For general automotive repairworks, nasubukan ko na din sa Motorcraft and ok sila talaga. If you want, you can also go to cousin ferdie (or cousin ferdie goes to you). Si afrasay ang may contact number niya. Based si CF sa R. Papa Station sa Rizal Ave.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    KCboy, distant cousin "daw" ng mom ko eh kaya medyo nakakahiya nmn. hehehe...

paj4x4, thanks... ill probably start canvassing this week.

bluebimmer, yun nga rin nasa isip. have it done in only one shop. ill check out motorcraft.

otep, nabasa ko nga sa mga threads na ok kay mang mario. ok ba pricing? what about motorcraft? pricy po ba?

thanks for the replies guys!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mang Mario is dirt cheap compared to other shops and they are not afraid to repair stuff (most shops just like to replace things).

Motorcraft prices are about industry average but still on the low side. The workforce and the management are great, too. Even if I'm just a total stranger there, they know how to deal with customers.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks! till now i havent checked them out...

mitsu L300 problems...