New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    To all mitsubishi adventure enthusiasts!Does anyone of you has an idea on how to modify the rear leafsprings of the mits adventure to a softer ride?Any ideas are pretty much appreciated.Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    you can visit mitsubishi adventure club at yahoo groups. may file dun from one member about this query.. i own GLS 2004 and im satisfied with the ride. Ano tire pressure mo? Me, I use 28 front and 34 rear.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir, meron nga sa yahoo groups ng MAC ( mitsubishi Adventure Club) hanap mo nlng bro!!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the info bro.What i did is 25psi lahat fr & rr.And w/ that runs softer & smoother.But i'm pretty much sure that my tire mileage will be reduced.So I want to get that idea of getting 1 leaf spring each side then change better gas type shocks.But i want some feedbacks before me doing it.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I tried to read some posts sa yahoogroups, pero di ako maka-join.

Sabi sakin nung taga-camspeed alabang, baliktarin ko daw yung pinaka-ilalim na leaf spring, tapos palagyan ko daw ng nitrogen yung gulong. Swabe na daw ride nun.

Dun sa pagbabaliktad ng leaf spring, safe ba yun? Kahit i-full loading capacity? Nakakatakot kasi paki-alaman yung pang-ilalaim, baka mamaya na lang habang tumatakbo ako sa hi-way... BOOIINGG!! Lumipad lahat ng springs!!

Ewan ko ba kung niloloko lang ako nung sa paglalagay ng nitrogen sa gulong. Diba combustible ang nitrogen? Pag nainitin sumasabog?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Nitrogen is an inert, dry, non-flamable gas that's used by Nascar recars, the aircraft industry and formula racers.Nitrogen is all around us. The air we breathe is 78% nitrogen, 21 % oxygen and the rest is small amounts of other gasses. using nitrogen instead of "plain old air" from a regular compressor, it maximizes the vehicle's handling, fuel effcy and tire life through better tire pressure retention, and cooler running tire temperaturess.
    the only problem is it hasn't been readily available at local tire stores because there hasn't been a way to produce or provide nitrogen to the average user.

Only few tire store has this and one is Minerva tyre Gallery. I am using it in my honda city and experiencing better handling.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Thank you po sa informative information ehehe Mahal nga nung nitrogen, 50 pesos per gulong.

Paano kaya po sa dun sa inverted leaf-spring? Ayos kaya yun? Baka kasi bumigay, lalo na't mga heavyweights kami sa pamilya.

Tanong ko lang po kung may nakasubok na nito.

Maraming salamas po!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hi! i dont own an adventure pero i have inverted the rear leaf spring of our nissan ultra eagle and nawala talaga yung tagtag also i have carried heavy loads on it many times,ok pa rin di naman bumibigay as i was fearing din.. naka ome shocks ako all around pero before turning the last spring over bouncy pa rin siya talaga..but after doing it..90% improvement i tell you! i dont know sa mga mitsu rides pero sa nissan pickups i highly recommended it!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    i wouldn't really suggest changing the orientation of the leafspring, although parang wala naman talaga akong nakikitang delikado dun. para lang kasing mali kung gagalawin yon imho. better siguro to experiment on tire pressures and tire sizes na suited sa particualr na gamit.

better to also accept the fact na rin na medyo matalbog talaga ang adventure pag walang laman. parang ako, daily driver ko yan, palagi ako mag-isa nasanay na rin ako. kapag meron load i actually find the ride very comfortable, mas-okay pa sa ride ng isang auto ko. syempre it was designed as a people/load carrier. based on experience, once nagdala ako 4 adults and a kid with full cargo in the rear (several coolers, luggage, etc) on a 6-hour trip (1-hr na bad roads sa bundok) and everyone felt comfortable naman in general, myself included

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    epektib nga yung nitrogen! lambot-lambot na ng ride!

pero yung sa molye, pinagawa ko parang walang nangyari. ganun pa rin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
mits adventureGLS'05 stiffer-softer ride