New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hey guys! im just new here in this site. who can give me inputs about the differences between LOCAL PAJERO and SUBIC PAJERO (5 doors) when it comes to:
    spare parts?
    performance (4x4 or 4x2)?
    comfort?
    year or model?

im planning to buy but not decided if i would buy local or subic.

thanks a lot guys and hope to read something about my questions.

ferdini

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    spare parts? afaik, no probs for subic, most are interchangable with local and even with Galloper.

but imo, if possible, go for Local.

50/50 sa Subic Pajero. and it's for car fantatics and informed DIY guys (like me hehe... ).

If you're just a regular driver ("gas and go" type) do not go for Subics.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    go for local.. saka mas ok ang resale value ng local..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Go for the local Pajero, your safety is at stake here, pag sumablay yung conversion sa steering, yari ka!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your budget allows you to buy a local pajero, go ahead and buy it, local pajeros have better resale values and less headaches mainly from the conversion problem that is very common with subic pajeros.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your budget allows you to buy a local pajero, go ahead and buy it, local pajeros have better resale values and less headaches mainly from the conversion problem that is very common with subic pajeros.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    guys, if everyone had the money to spring for the Local Pajero then they would have done so already. the reason for considering Subic Cars (incl. SUV's/ VAN's) is due to its affordable price....

now let's get give this guy more objective response....

thanks RION for confirming all Spare parts should be interchangeable.

now what does he have to look out for?

1. STEERING CONVERSION: i know there were/are some problems for some makes or type of vehicles... is Pajero immune to this or also part of the whole Subic conversion thing? if yes, then he'd better bring a good mechanic along to inspect if proper conversion had been done....
    or just to perform additional repairs/fix after its purchased?

2. BRAKES CONVERSION: same as above....

3. A/C CONVERSION: most problems i've experienced in prev. cars are "mahinang buga ng hangin".... this is because after relocating the steering wheel, they would have to relocate the A/C Evaporator & Blower Fan to the other side. now normally they don't have proper parts and they just put a HOSE to send air to the vents and without proper fittings air leak is very common so u don't get enough air coming out the vents.

this is common problem for most Subics, so you would have to bring it to a reputable A/C shop that have some basic fabrication capabities.

4. WIPER : most Subic Pajero's i've seen are also converted to the other side. but i'm not sure if its still fully sealed? just check inside that it is so you won't get water dripping inside the cabin when u go for a car wash or when it rains outside.

5. ELECTRICAL: i think its common for all converted models, that there are too many dangling wires around (scary ones are around the engine bay). so you'd probably have to bring them to a good electrical shop, to rewire them properly to correct LENGTH, do proper Wire Forming ( so it doesn't get in the way of moving/rotating parts). then finally place it inside heat resisting plastice hose protectors.... also ask the electrician to SOLDER the wires together. not just cut / splice then connecting them twisting them together....

Others like accessories....alarm, stereo, tint, etc. u can do that anywhere without a problem.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    same with the rest. better buy local if you can afford it. pero kung enthusiast ka naman and you have the knowledge, money, time and patience to fix up your unit, ok din naman ang suvic. minsan mas madaming features ang suvic like moonroof, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi Guys, well just new with Pajero. Pero yung nabili eh Subic yata na converted. Kick-up roof cya at bihira ako makakita ng katulad nya. Ok naman performance, wala naman problema. Tested cya biyahe going to Legaspi-Samar 12hrs kahit rough road malakas hatak.

*Pajero 1997 Model, 2500cc A/T Intercooler Turbo.

Medyo luma na ang dashboard at interior. San ba may magaling na gumawa nito? Paki send na po ang address and contact. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Good day! mga brother na pajero owners (local or subic) ilang kilometers per 1 liter nyo? thanks and godbless!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LOCAL PAJERO vs SUBIC PAJERO (5 door)