New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Good day sirs,

would like to get your inputs regarding leaking sunroof during heavy downpours. Light rain, ok lang, no problem. But if for 30 mins na heavy down pour, the sunrook starts to leak. i cant detect any cracks sa glass.
    I tried to put silicone in the rubber-glass interface. Same problem. Any DIY suggestions? if not any shops I can take my ride for repair? Tag-ulan na kc. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan tumutulo yung sa sunroof mo?

have you tried cleaning the drainage tube of your sunroof? try looking for the tube when the sunroof is fully opened. both left and right side of the sunroof, may drainage yan.

sungkitin mo ng mahabang wire. baka may bara lang dyan. madalas kasi naiipon yung mga dumi sa loob nun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure about the total number of drainages on the Pajero's sunroof (ours doesn't leak).

As what tebs has mentioned, just poke said holes with wire until you get a good drain flow.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

ako i used comercial grade liquid sosa on removing the bara...pro ang prob lang is ung drainage at the rear...i use to park the van where the front is elevated and let the liquid-sosa do its work...my next option is 50%muriatic acid...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also have the same prob. w/ our jdm unts before,i tried putting silicone also,it solved the prob.,but the thing is,you cant open the sunroof anymore..try ko nga buksan,baga my bara lang din.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Thanks for the input guys. Regarding liquid sosa, di ba parang sobrang abrasive yun? Might damage the paint? Also, sa glass-rubber interface nyo ba nilagay yung silicone (to NikkoM)? will try to do that also. I tried running water sa "alulud" ng sunroof. Drainage looks ok. Will try the "wire" technique. Hope it will go well, tag-ulan na kc.
    thanks so much people!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko m
    i also have the same prob. w/ our jdm unts before,i tried putting silicone also,it solved the prob.,but the thing is,you cant open the sunroof anymore..try ko nga buksan,baga my bara lang din.
    Bakit di na mabuksan sunroof. Siguro sa roof-rubber interface mo nilagay silicone? I inquired sa Ziebart, talked to a person there doing sunroofs. He told me justto put silicone to the rubber(gasket)-glass interface with scotch tape on the sides. after putting silicone, even it out daw with my fingers then remove the tape. malinis daw ang itsura after, then let it dry. Mga 0.5 cm siguro on the rubber and 0.5 cm on the glass will be ok. Will try this also.

Thanks again!

you'll just pour naman ung liquid sosa sa "canals" leading to the drain holes in the sun-roof..ingatz nalang sa handling...muriatic and liquid sosa(caustic soda) are corrosive chemicals,k?when you bought a concentrate form, be sure to mix it with water,ok?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its ok bec. our sunroof is manual(gen2 pajero 2 dr),and not automatic,when you open it up kce you remove the whole thing also,so its ok not to open it up narin.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i have a smilar problem with my JDM pajero.. though not on its sunroof, but opassenger side doors! today, my carpet on the right side was soaking wet and the front seat belt on the passenger side is drenched as well!

what could be the culprit? my rubber door mouldings shows no sign of breakage...

please advice.. TIA!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Leaking Sunroof (JDM Pajero)