New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I am planning to buy a a lancer glx 2001 or 2002. Can anyone tell me whats the difference between the two.

Hingi rin ako advise kung ano ba mga positive and negative feedbacks ng ganitong model. Example, yung ganitong model ba ay matakaw sa gasolina, malakas humatak, sirain ang aircon...etc

Ano din ba mas advisable bilhin glx or glxi? In terms of performance, maintenance cost, fuel consumption, etc.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the 2001 is still a Pizza model. Its the last Pizza model that was released. The 2002, is a Cedia type. The 2000 model onwards did not come with the GLXi version. The GLXi was released from 1993-1999. (Itlog to Pizza). The next higher variant for 2000 and onward lancers are the GLS and the MX.

Back to your question, both lancers that you are eyeing are carburated types. Engine is 1500 cc.

FC ranges from 9-10 kpl/city and around 12-13 kpl/highway. Power is reasonable. Not so powerful, not that weak. The 2001 model is basically an improvement of the 2000 model, which tends to remove the problematic suspension of the 2000 pizza. Lookswise, i prefer the 2002 model (Cedia) than the Pizza.

Aircon? hmmm. There were some problematic models sa aircon sa 2001, pero very much isolated. I have not heard problematic a/c's sa 2002 and onwards.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks 1D4LV, comparing the lancer glx 2001/2002 to the corolla 2000 to 2002 model. yung model lang ng corolla na kalevel ng glx. can you give me some tips, kung sakaling kaw ang bibili which one is better. price and resale value is not an issue.

base lang sa performance, fuel consumption, parts, durability ng makina, aircon, suspension etc.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman577 View Post
    Thanks 1D4LV, comparing the lancer glx 2001/2002 to the corolla 2000 to 2002 model. yung model lang ng corolla na kalevel ng glx. can you give me some tips, kung sakaling kaw ang bibili which one is better. price and resale value is not an issue.

base lang sa performance, fuel consumption, parts, durability ng makina, aircon, suspension etc.
    Comparing the Lancer GLX 2001-2002, is like comparing a 2000 Corolla XE Lovelife price wise. Both, i think retails at around 250-280k. At this price range, the Lancer 2002 has an edge, powerwise, spacewise, lookswise.

But if you would compare a 2001/2002 Lancer to a 2001/2002 Altis J (the entry level variant of the Corolla Altis), the Altis has an edge.

a. Engine wise: The altis is VVti.
    b. Its bigger
    c. Better suspension
    d. Fuel injected engine, compared to the carbed engine of the GLX
    e. Better fuel efficiency
    f. Parts are available (pareho sila ng Lancer)

Ang cons lang ng altis compared to the lancer, is mahirap sya pormahan. And i personally think that the stock mags of the Altis is really small for its body. But madaling remedyuhan yun. Put in a 16" mags sa altis, ayus na yun.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i just recently bought a used 2002 lancer glx with the carb engine..iD4LV is right ung hatak is not that powerful kasi siguro carb engine sya as compared to the fuel injected type.. pero u can live with it..sa aircon, great condition ung ung nabili ko..i think aircon ng mitsubishi is not that problematic..the only problem with the lancer as many would say is ung suspension..sa akin ramdam ung lubak kahit maliit pero not that annoying..if you are searching for cars pala try looking at the mileage, eto kasi ung nakalimutan ko when i bought the car..146 na ung akin..

Lancer GLX 2001/2002