New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gudpm sr/mam tanong k lang pwede bang convert ang lancer 1994 itlog FWD to RWD?

bili ka ng pang-evo1-3, ung rear axle at 4wd tranny nun gamitin mo, lock mo yun sa front.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    FDW to RWD? mukhang kinagat ka na din ng Drift Bug

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    so magiging 4wd na ang Lancer mo... :D, pwede rin kaya na pure RWD lang? babaguhin ba engine orientation, bale ipapaayon ang mounting mula sa pagkakabalagbag, kasi 'di ba pabalagbag ang engine moutning ng FF?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK, the best option yung recommendation ni AY. If you want, get an old 1800 turbo-charged Sirius engine. Ayun, siguradong RWD yun. Nga lang, dami mo conversions na gagawin...I think.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xqsme.rm View Post
    Gudpm sr/mam tanong k lang pwede bang convert ang lancer 1994 itlog FWD to RWD?
    yes pwede, pwede mo din ipa AWD. I've seen a GLXi 97 (pizza) slapped with an EVO 4 engine and converted to AWD. Real sleeper for the untrained eye.

Expensive though.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    yes pwede, pwede mo din ipa AWD. I've seen a GLXi 97 (pizza) slapped with an EVO 4 engine and converted to AWD. Real sleeper for the untrained eye.

Expensive though.
    Last I checked, half-million or so yung conversion... and that was years ago.

It's possible to convert to rear-wheel drive by using an Evo conversion kit, and then welding the front-differential closed and removing to front drive-axles. If you merely remove the front drive axles, you'll still lose a lot of power to the front differential. I've seen Subarus modified like this.

The one BIG problem with this is that your rear differential mounting point has to be custom-welded into the frame. They will cut out your rear multi-link suspension mount (in the center of the car) with a blow torch and patch this on. I'm not sure that a mount like this, or the drive-axles themselves, will be able to take all 270+ horses (not to mention the tons of torque, which is the more worrisome part) going straight to the rear wheels.

You could, presumably, have the custom differential mount better reinforced by bolting the assembly onto a hefty steel plate, that you then stitch weld and bolt into the car. It'll be heavier, yes, but it should hold.

Best answer? If you want a rear-wheel drive Lancer, go buy a box-type Lancer or buy a really cheap Evo, and remove the front drive-axles yourself. Much easier...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

TAMA ka sir niky!

Lancer FWD to RWD?