New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good day mga sirs! May luma kaming box type lancer, plano po namin i-restore. Gusto ko po lang malaman ung specs at preformance ng car. Dahil kung di naman ganun ka ganda pag na restore, baka igastos ko na lng pang bling sa isa pang kotse. Yung model namin ung may Fog Lamps sa harap. '86 ata pero di ako sure. Gusto ko po malaman kung ano ba power ng makina, ilang liters, etc... TY poh mga sirs :D! Sorry kung wrong board ako nagpost

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i had an SL (1.4L) and a GSR (1.6L) boxy-type before... and i think GSR yun sa 'yo. pareho matibay sa baha, tipid sa gas, di matagtag and makapal yun kaha so matibay sa banggaan, hehe.

problems are mabagal, hina ng aircon at masikip sa loob, esp sa likod. might as well spend your money on a more recent car model, imho.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with 4 wheel disc brake ba? GSR nga yan...4g32 1.6l engine
    ganda nyan pag na restore mo..i had my SL 81 before..matibay nga
    sa baha...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung GSR ba at GT pareho lang?

yung meron decklid spoiler na parang toblerone-shaped and black colored. tapos may sportier front bumpers and pillow type rear headrest..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yung GSR ba at GT pareho lang?

yung meron decklid spoiler na parang toblerone-shaped and black colored. tapos may sportier front bumpers and pillow type rear headrest..
    yep yep. 4G32 yan pareho.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    may GSR na 1800 di ba? :dunno:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yup meron GSR 1800...

poochi ganda nyan pag narestor nyo..maganda boxtype lalo na pag makinis...one of the best..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I had an 80s-era box type SL also. It was pretty good until its muffler broke one day. Then the driver put in a pair of headers. I think he also secretly had the engine re-bored. Together with the 4-speed manual shift, it has been the fastest accelerating car I've ever had I think -- even until NOW.

If I actually test drove it's replacement (a GTi), I never would've sold that car. I think it accelerated faster than our 2.0 circa 2000 5-speed accord!

Even if its probably not as fast as my current civic at top speed, I still don't think it could be beaten out of the gate and driven with such an abnormally good level of control (I used to do rounded corners at 80, no sweat what so ever).

Yun nga lang, to restore it to pristine condition or better will probably entail a heckuva lot of patience, knowledge, and cash -- maybe not to mention a spare vehicle!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    if you plan to restore your boxtype then a visit to the www.oldschoolmitsu.org site would prove very beneficial ;)

I agree with the fast acceleration against mid size sedans, but if you pit it against a similarly lightweight car with a modern engine be prepared to be left in the dust in the 3rd gear hehehe tried and tested na ito with civics, honda hatches, corollas and new gen lancers... no chance in 3rd gear unless you have mad mods under the hood. (we have the same engine ;) hehe chain-drive 4G32 lang sa akin) Pero still a fun car to drive on corners due to the rear wheel drivetrain layout ;)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We used to own a 1.4L SL boxtype. It was so popular then and those who (originally) bought it were able to make a small fortune out of it when they sold it. I think it was one of the few cars if not the only one (here in the Philippines) where an owner was able to use it, and make a profit when they sold it... 80s,- around P50K/P60K lang ang brand new, 90s, more than P100K ang pre-owned.

Very reliable, easy and not expensive to maintain (I can manage some of the electricals and regular tune-ups on my own), very good gas consumption rate, no overheating, good handling, boxy, near-power steering (then),....... I was so fond of it. Honestly, I would have kept it,- I just ran out of space in our garage (and it's not my cup of tea to park in the street...)

1901:nolurk:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lancer Box Type specs