New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 165 of 204 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2039
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the thermostat? Experienced overheating and casa eventually said sira na ang thermostat, so tinanggal nila. They said marami na silang montero at strada na tinanggal ang thermostat. They did not offer replacing the thermostat kasi we are a tropical country. Ngayon ang likot ng temperature gauge ko.
    It may happen that the thermostat is really damaged (will not open) and result to overheating. For them to say thermostat is not needed in tropical countries is a load of BS. They do not have any business working for that casa. Or that casa does not have any business operating if they cannot hire competent people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    bro if scv yan, it wont go past 2k rpm, jerking, stalling

Sir zix ano kaya ang cause? Sure ako lagpas 2k rpm at may slight jerk sya pero once lang , sa start lang.

Normal naman takbo niya ngayon, fuel filter kaya?
    Nasa out of town pa kmi kya diko madala sa shop mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Sir zix ano kaya ang cause? Sure ako lagpas 2k rpm at may slight jerk sya pero once lang , sa start lang.

Normal naman takbo niya ngayon, fuel filter kaya?
    Nasa out of town pa kmi kya diko madala sa shop mo.
    mas ok if ma-scan muna natin

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Sir Zixx umakyat yung rpm almost mag redline.
    Baka SCV , ano pba symptoms ng sira na SCV?
    Yung high fuel consumption dahil din kaya sa sirang SCV?
    Baka EGR problem.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Any 2009 Montero Sport owners here?Mine is a 2009 Montero Sport 4x4 GLS SE A/T. I was wondering if anyone here experienced the same problem i have with my aircon now... when running at high speeds my aircon doesnt have any problem nor does it lose its cooling effect... However, when i begin to slow down or get stuck in traffic, my aircon loses its cooling power... i have to step on the gas pedal multiple times or nirerebolusyon ko ang sasakyan para lumamig ulit...this situation happens whatever the weather condition is...Carworld San Fernando () did road tests, changed my aux fan motor, cleaned my radiator and also cleaned my condenser saying doing all of those will solve my problem ()... they also told me to just have my temperature setting fixed at 21°C to 22°C which is a total BS since it still happened even at that setting... they havent fixed anything and the problem still existed and it might have gotten worse... what could be the problem?and where can i have the aircon of my unit checked? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markyumang13 View Post
    Any 2009 Montero Sport owners here?Mine is a 2009 Montero Sport 4x4 GLS SE A/T. I was wondering if anyone here experienced the same problem i have with my aircon now... when running at high speeds my aircon doesnt have any problem nor does it lose its cooling effect... However, when i begin to slow down or get stuck in traffic, my aircon loses its cooling power... i have to step on the gas pedal multiple times or nirerebolusyon ko ang sasakyan para lumamig ulit...this situation happens whatever the weather condition is...Carworld San Fernando () did road tests, changed my aux fan motor, cleaned my radiator and also cleaned my condenser saying doing all of those will solve my problem ()... they also told me to just have my temperature setting fixed at 21°C to 22°C which is a total BS since it still happened even at that setting... they havent fixed anything and the problem still existed and it might have gotten worse... what could be the problem?and where can i have the aircon of my unit checked? Thanks!
    It could be a compressor problem, and so it works only when you rev it higher....

If you are from south MM, then CeeJay's near the University of Perpetual Help Las Pinas is a trusted shop..
    Last edited by CVT; July 25th, 2016 at 08:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    update on my overheating problem. i insisted from the casa na papalitan ko ang thermostat since it only cost 1k+. while waiting for the part, a few times tumaas pa rin ang temperature so back to casa. sabi nila baka sira ang water pump. so pina order ko na rin. while waiting for it for 2 weeks, tumaas ang temp only once. weird. so when i brought it in for replacement kasi andyan na ang parts, sabi ko thermostat muna. pagkuha ko sa umaga, early afternoon pa lan, tumaas pa rin but only slightly above half. i reported it to casa and scheduled it next day to have the water pump replaced. that particular night, ayan na. even on a downhill, with aircon compressor switched off, tumaas to the last line before full hot level. i had to stop and pop the hood while the engine is running to ventilate. i had to do this 3 times before reaching home. the next day, binalik ko to the casa and told them obviously walang problema ang thermostat. sabi ng service manager na kun ganun, they will not charge me for the thermostat replacement and hopefully nasa water pump.

when i followed it up after 3 days, sabi nila they are returning the old pump kasi tumaas pa rin with the new pump, which meant walang problema rin ang pump! they have also replaced the radiator cap. when plugged into their laptop, the computer sad ok lan ang temp and nothing abnormal reported. kasi pag nasa shop nila, the temp goes to normal. now they are checking the sensors naman

i did a yahoo search by typing overheating on 4d56 engines, may lumabas na thread about 4d56 high power engine overheating, saying na pinalitan ng hi pressure radiator cap, increase coolant ratio from 30% to 50%, then computer update to monitor for coolant loss. these were applied to tritons and challengers which is what other countries name them while for us its strada and montero.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I own a 2009 Monterosport 4x2AT and we have the same issue that I encountered before. People from the casa were supposed to change the thermostat but I disagreed because they have to disassemble the dashboard to remove and replace the thermostat. What I did was to bring it to a third party aircon shop who immediately identified the problem. And it was in the magnetic clutch assembly which does not engage fully when the compressor "loads". Solution, they just removed one spacer and bingo! I did not encounter any issues anymore until now. HTH

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Nagpunta yung wife ko kahapon sa casa ng Mitsubishi alabang para makita nila yung tubig na nasa loob ng headlight po. Ang nangyari dami daw pala nagreklamo din sa ganitong case,ayun covered pa naman sya kaso wala pa raw silang stock pamalit.wait nalang pagmeron.matagal po ba ang ganitong sistema nila? Mga paps comment naman po para alam ko po. Salamat...

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is the aux fan running during these non-cooling moments, po?

i had the same problem with my 1989 (!) liftback. it would lose cooling in standstill traffic, only to come back when the car starts moving.
    the aircon guy just installed an aux fan and had it switched on and off by the compressor.
    of course, we had it checked first for underloaded freon and compressor activity.

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.