New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Curious lang po. If you have an L300 van or even a Delica for that matter, can you add an intercooler to its already cramped engine bay? (An intercooler for 4D56T costs around 3k in surplus shops) If yes, where could you recommend to put it? And considering it already has a turbo installed, what other parts do i need to produce for the intercooler to work?

Thanks and warm regards,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    inadequate ba talaga ang power ng turbo-charged 4D56?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try fabricating an intercooler (ala lancer evo or audi 1.8T) that can fit just below (and in front) of your radiator. I just don't know if the fascia of your van can fit the intercooler just below the front bumper diffuser. custom-made intercooler pipings and availability of silicon hoses are therefore mandatory.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A cooler air that is mixed with fuel is more efficient than hot air (as in air/fuel ratio),,,thus the use of an intercooler.

Thanks woodfire. I was also considering that area but i would be needing longer hoses for it to reach the engine bay. Considering sa may lower bumber nga ito ilagay, wala na kayang ibang kailangang bilhin(aside from the hoses)? The intercooler aux fan might be manual triggered by an eternal switch di ba po?

Regards,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung bumper mount, kahit wala nang fan ok na yan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bukod sa fan eh lagyan mo pa ng water sprayer para lumamig talaga heheheh

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by fierari
    bukod sa fan eh lagyan mo pa ng water sprayer para lumamig talaga heheheh
    Bawasan ang panunuod ng 2 Fast 2 Furious, baka sa susunod marinig ko palalagyan mo naman ng nitrous, with the hose inserted by drilling a hole thru the valve cover. :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasobrahan nga yata eh heheh

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si Otep, no need for an aux fan if it will be mounted just below the bumper. the ram-air effect in this location will be optimal already.

For hoses, pa-fabricate ka na lang (as in stainless steel). Fusion R (E. Rodriguez) or ERL (sa C. Benitez near P. Tuazon) are well qualified to to it. Meron silang contact na may mandrel bender.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info.

As i was thinking, my original plan is to use rubber hoses muna and use metal pipes as "connectors" (to initially see if it works). If it works, i'll use metal pipes na later. But then again, baka mas mapamahal ako???

Oh well, thanks again!!!

Intercooler on a noseless Mitsu van?