New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys i want to know your inputs/ feedbacks on the gen 1 pajero (box type). I plan to sell my car and get a Gen 1 pajero. Na realize ko with our road conditions it's better to get a SUV na lang. I saw this for sale na black gen 1 pajero sa white plains with snorkel. Ganda! di ko nakukuha number pero one of these days. Any safety features here? airbags? side impact beams? kung matagtag? pang family na din kasi. And how fast and what usually are the problems or parts that needs to be look at in a Paj. Thansk in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Pajero is a mid-80's truck. It does not have any fancy high tech features like ABS, Airbags, EBD, etc. It does have seatblelts for all passengers.

Speed would depend on the engine. Our GEN I was a non-turbo model and would top out at 100 kph. Turbo models should go a bit faster. I really did not find it matagtag. Siguro somewhere between a sedan and a pick-up truck.

Wala namang problem areas talaga. Minsan mausok lang. Kailangan regular ang maintenance (change oil every 5 thou kms, etc.). Our Pajero was very tough. You just sort of get in and drive without thinking so much of anything that might go wrong.

At very versatile siya. Kahit maghapon naghahakot sa farm, sa gabi pwedeng diretso sa hotel for dinner. :D Pwede ding pang-attend ng kasal (favorite line ni kimpOy yan). hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Zanch,

Nakikita ko din yan naka display.....shiny black...check it out...looks to clean at mukhang hindi ino-off road.....Better bring a mechanic who knows diesel and 4WD.

Used to drive an OPEL ASTRA....then i bought a Gen1 Subic PAJ (Gusto ko kasi A/T).....di na ko nag kotse......Been to so many places like SAGADA....never dare bring a car there with the road conditions pero yung PAJ was a delight.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gusto ko din ipalit yan sa 96 L200 ko (pinangarap ko dati ang pajero ni afrasay). The problem is hindi ko ma-convince ang dad ko coz he thinks its an old truck.

IMO, ok ang pajero, very basic truck. Tama si Otep, wala ng electronic hi-tech na ka charingan. AKo kasi, the more basic the vehicle is, the less problems it will give the owner...the more easier to maintain and cheaper to repair.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks a lot guys!:D

frt >>> ganda dude nuh! mukhang makinis pa and yung tires maayos pa. may snorkel pa!:D I really wanna experience off roading thas why i wanna get an SUV. Tama lang kasi price if ever binenta ko auto ko for a gen 1 paj.:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hope to see you and join us on our future trails!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hopefully sir maayos plan ko in getting a pajero.:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Once you go truck, you never come back. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    zanch this might help you push thru in getting a box pajero

http://www.pbase.com/boxpajero/inbox

mga restoration pics ko

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep:::100 lang? yun sakin 140 di pa sagad yun
    zanch:::good luck on your purchase. very reliable vehicle yan. dyan ako natuto mag offroad with these guys. limitations are no diff lock, leaf springs [local], no center locking. i would suggest that you get a non-subic model and save yourself from headache later. biggest tire that you can fit without lifting is 31".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Inputs on Gen 1 Pajero