New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi to all tsikoteers. We all know innova j is the lowest variant or the barest model of Toyota innova, while the adventure gls has many or has all the amenities like power window, power side mirror, fog lamps, etc.

Let's presume you are about to buy your ride, which would you choose and why?

Your answer will give me insight as to which vehicle I would probably buy this December when my savings would be enough to make the down payment.

Frankly I am leaning towards the Adventure but my brothers advise me to get the Innova.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you want petrol, Innova. If you want Diesel, Adventure.

You might encounter the dreaded D-4D problem of the diesel Innova so better stay away from it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Refinement, ride comfort...overwhelming to the Innova (which is frankly already a given if you actively read several posts in the forum).

One thing to consider, though, is you may spend a lot more in the Innova. Why? The bare model (Innova J) opens a lot for aesthetic and functional modification to make it look and feel "good".

Compare to the Adventure GLS Sport, loaded na as you have mentioned.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Innova gas, and if you can add a little then go for the E variant, lalo na ngayong facelifted na siya.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The Adventure's engine hasn't been updated in ages, am I right?

This is either a pro, or a con, depending on your preference... Do you prefer the "OLD RELIABLE" or the "NEWER HIGH-TECHNOLOGY" ?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Depends on the intended usage. Both have ample interior space for passengers and cargo anyway.

My preference and experience points to the Adventure GLS diesel. But if you prefer the gas variant, get the step-higher Innova E instead of the J.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the replies really appreciate your inputs.

Diesel variant is a given for me. We are seven in the family and we have overgrown our reliable Honda City 2003 AT. We are to use the vehicle for long trips for business and leisure of the family.

Oo nga 'Old school diesel' nga ang Adventure but no question about reliability.

I have gone over the different threads of the Innova and I have been turned off by the issues of the D4D diesel engine.

Seems to me the main advantage of the Innova j over the Advie GLS is on the speed department. Running at a 100 kph is fine with me which the GLS can deliver. Some tsikoteers claim their Advie can hit 130 or 140 kph. I have tested both in driving. Innova really has better suspension. Acceleration? did not find much difference? T'was city driving though.

In the corner of my mind, I could hear my brothers who own Innovas and Fords CRDI telling me to be modern.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Choosing a modern engine is all well and good -- if the fuel it will use is just as up-to-date, too.

If you can hold off your purchase until sometime next year, when Seaoil promises to retail Euro 5 - compliant fuel to the Philippine market, then so much the better. Otherwise, going CRDi these days is still largely a hit-and-miss affair IMO, unless you're willing to consider Korean brands, which have so far been immune to CRDi-related problems.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My dad owns an Innova J and i own a advie Glx both diesel engines.....sa comfort ng ride i'd go for the innova, pero sa engine im sticking with the old reliable....although ganda ng speed ng innova....there's something in me na hinahanap yung adventure....GOODLUCK IN CHOOSING.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rexbro62 View Post
    My dad owns an Innova J and i own a advie Glx both diesel engines.....sa comfort ng ride i'd go for the innova, pero sa engine im sticking with the old reliable....although ganda ng speed ng innova....there's something in me na hinahanap yung adventure....GOODLUCK IN CHOOSING.

Thanks rexbro for siding with the Advie which I'm inclined with...hehe. The price of the Advie GLS is 840T with a discount of 55t...cheaper than the 813T of the barest model Innova j. If I may...the Advie is fully loaded. Makes some sense...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
innova j vs. adventure gls