New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys! ever since natuto akong mag drive, super dooper crush ko tlaga ang Galant Shark. After eons of years working and making my wife "happy" I think I need to give my self a gift.

Now I heard na marami daw problema ang Galant like yung AT, ball joints, suspension and etc. I'm willing to face this problem if financially kaya..

Can anyone in here give me some tips on what to check when purchasing a 2nd hand or 3rd hand Galant Shark? and tlaga bang sisirain yung AT? na re repair ba? I don't have any plans on having the car fixed in the casa kasi mahal but I have a trusted mechanic here and I just want to know, na kung if ever na sira yung mga parts like ball joints, suspension, etc.. mga magkano kaya ang parts?

I hope someone would give me some tips kasi kating kati na ako to buy one . I gotta have this car just to full fill my dream.. i already paid my dues and I think I deserve to have a bad ass Shark

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.... why not get an accord instead? medyo di maganda ang suspension ng mga previous generations ng galant (and even lancer) eh.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Contact ATCO at Taft Avenue near EDSA or El Dorado for quotation on parts.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I agree, the accord would have been the better choice. But i understand where the OP is coming from. The shark is his dream car so may emotional factor talaga sa pag decide. Narinig ko na din yung tungkol sa suspension problems ng mitsu noong panahon ng shark. Bukod pa doon, i think kailangan mo din maghanda ng budget for gas and higher registration costs. Pero nagagawan naman ng paraan yan. Naalala ko dati tag hirap, willing ako kumain ng sardinas araw araw basta may pang gas lang. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    yup after reading the mitsubishi forum and finding out the problems..malang i may opt out on honda accords from 03-07.. ok ba to?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Buy your dream car when you are financially ok already. This way you can enjoy it to the fullest and not have to worry about where to get the funds to maintain your dream car everytime something breaks down.