New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Is it okay with a 235/40/18 tire to run on a 30psi tire pressure?

Uwi kasi ako province bukas mga sir, okay lang ba itakbo yun hanggang pangasinan? Baka kasi kulang ang pressure?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Check the recommended tire pressure on your car's driver-side door or post near the door. Usually yellow sticker yun.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post

Uwi kasi ako province bukas mga sir, okay lang ba itakbo yun hanggang pangasinan? Baka kasi kulang ang pressure?

If I'm not mistaken, a tire of this size usually sports a tire pressure of even less than 30 PSI. I think the bigger the tire, the lower the pressure. I have a 215/70/R15 and I only use 28PSI as recommended by 4x4 enthusiasts.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Basta hindi donut yung sidewall you should be ok. If part of the shoulder/sidewall starts to go near the tread malambot na yun masyado.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post

thats a safe psi sir. but it really depends also on the tires, check ninyo rin ang max psi ng tires ninyo. i have 19's and recommended is 35psi and those are 40 series tires. i have 20's with 50 series tires, recommended is 30 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Check the recommended tire pressure on your car's driver-side door or post near the door. Usually yellow sticker yun.
    this is only applicable if the tires and rims used are OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, a tire of this size usually sports a tire pressure of even less than 30 PSI. I think the bigger the tire, the lower the pressure. I have a 215/70/R15 and I only use 28PSI as recommended by 4x4 enthusiasts.
    this is not necessarily true sir regarding bigger the tire, lower the pressure. in 4x4, tire pressure will go a bit lower compare to normal if you need more surface bit. but again, depends on the terrain and kind of tires you are using.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Suggest to check the Nitto website as there is a page there discussing the recommended tire pressure. The page is based on the US auto safety board. Usually, the pressure for performance tires are higher compared with the OEMs in order to support the original tire loads.

Help on Tire Pressure?