New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Tulong po mga guru's...

I was driving my Gen I non-turbo Pajero last night on my way home cruising at around 80kph with an RPM of below 2k when I noticed the oil presure went below 2 units... I was alerted with a feeling that my engine oil is leaking as I'm driving, but as i look on my consoles the oil level light is not lit... it clears the thought of an oil spillage.

I reduced my speed to around 50kph as I observe the oil presure guage (OPG) as it drops to almost 0 units... this made me think if I can still reach home. I crank up a little pulling my RPM to 3k and watch the behavior of my oil presue guage it climbs to around the middle (4units). This give me the speculation that my engine is running in its shape... in short i reached home without any trouble.

This morning I tried to test the car if there are any changes... I looked for the oil level(it's within the borders), start the engine and as usual it give me a good response with a reading of 8 units on the OPG... and as expected the oil presure drops to the middle or normal position as you get the engine's normal temp.

But as I drove on my way to the office, after driving 15 minutes of normal cruising of 60-80kph the OPG level drops at 1unit when my RPM is at 1.3k... again tried to crank up the engine to 3k RPM the OPG will level up to normal position, as it will then drop to 1unit something together with the RPM.

Guys, does any of you has this kind of experience and what have you done?

I suspect it's something to do with the oil presure sender switch as I think that my engine is on top condition... As there are no changes in my acceleration.... do you think my speculation is right? or what do you think about it?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Since you checked your oil dipstick and its normal more likely the oil pressure switch or even your oil pressure guage has become faulty

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exactly the same problem I got on my Gen1.. so far I haven't find any solution 2days ago I called a mechanic to check the Oil pump but they didn't find anything wrong... it looks weird to me since my OPG drops to zero when the engine is on idle.. like trapik

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The oil sending unit which sends the oil pressure reading to the gauge is prone to fouling up.

Had the same problem with our old GEN I. Gauge would read zero after a bit of time driving. However, there was nothing wrong with the engine itself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I guess, that clears my worries... as my speculation is getting a possitive response...

Sir nightrock,

you mean to say your GenI up to now is like mine running, zero reading on your OPG... but no visible sign of any problem?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What type of oil are you using? And how long was it since your last oil change?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gianboy
    I guess, that clears my worries... as my speculation is getting a possitive response...

Sir nightrock,

you mean to say your GenI up to now is like mine running, zero reading on your OPG... but no visible sign of any problem?
    Yes sir my Gen1 is running quite normal of that oil pressure aside from temp increased on High Rev like running on 120Km/hr.. and uphill

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    What type of oil are you using? And how long was it since your
    last oil change?
    Castrol CRD... my last change oil change just a month ago, maybe thats around 900km..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Castrol CRD is SAE:40 API:CD/SF

Have you checked your owners manual if oil with API:CD can be used?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Castrol CRD is SAE:40 API:CD/SF

Have you checked your owners manual if oil with API:CD can be used?
    I have no idea about API:CD, but what i'm sure is that i've been using the Castrol CRD ever since I got this Gen I from afrasay... and it ain't no problem... i'll try to look on that thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP!!! Pajero Oil Presure running low