New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ask ko lang kong ilang Liters pag mag flush our monty...after we drain the oil...
    3L is oky na ba...
    thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^engine flush is a concentrate cleaner which is added on to the engine oil to soften up sludge accumulated engine after a prolonged use. most dealerships prefer this because its comparatively less laborious than the use of low quality oil to flush out gums in your engine

if you are preparing for a 1thou km PMS, its not that necessary since the engine is relatively new, its gum free. what is important is for the minute metal shavings be removed from your engine system, so you can optionally skip the flushing. just go for oil & filter replacement

if you opt for mineral oil the dealership would offer additives for additional engine protection. fully syn oil already contain additives good enough for the protection of your new engine in the long run
    Last edited by kisshmet; June 26th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Using engine flushing on a relatively new engine is an unnecessary expense. Plain change oil and oil filter change will do. Just invest on a good oil (at least API CI-4).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I am not into engine flush also. I just drain down my oil, no pressurized air. A friend of mine who is a a car dealer service manager told me that if you are using mineral oil you don't need to flush but if you are using a synthetic oil you have to.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crv99ner View Post
    I am not into engine flush also. I just drain down my oil, no pressurized air. A friend of mine who is a a car dealer service manager told me that if you are using mineral oil you don't need to flush but if you are using a synthetic oil you have to.
    Whats the rationale behind sir??

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i also do not use engine flush or any additive. i also do not use pressurized air. just plain old ytivarg.
    and i always replace my oil filter, gas or diesel engine.

i do not believe in additives of any sort. i just use the additive money to buy more fuel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Synthetic when taken for granted sticks and hardens.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i also do not use engine flush or any additive. i also do not use pressurized air. just plain old ytivarg.
    and i always replace my oil filter, gas or diesel engine.

i do not believe in additives of any sort. i just use the additive money to buy more fuel.
    whats the problem sir sa pressurized air..??

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jalen View Post
    whats the problem sir sa pressurized air..??
    it contains small amounts of water and other "impurities" which we do not want in our engines. it might even contain minute solid particules which might act as sandpaper to the metal friction surfaces.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 29th, 2013 at 12:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it contains small amounts of water and other "impurities" which we do not want in our engines. it might even contain minute solid particules which might act as sandpaper to the metal friction surfaces.
    Yep. Agree dito. Second is that when we pour in out oil di naman lahat nadadaanan agad nun so ung mga singit singit nawawalan ng lubricant kaya pag start may time na at some point metal to metal. Its juts my analysis. But i will never do it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta