New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sirs,

i bought a 2nd hand pajero fieldmaster (2001 model) the last week. my observations for the time i was driving it: (i'm from cebu)

very slow in uphill climbs- as in really slow even if you would floor the accelerator resulting in black smoke coming out of the muffler. noticed this problem when we drove it to Balamban. the power doesn't come out even with the pedal already floored and the a/c switched off

very poor acceleration from halt- it takes a really long time to accelerate to 60 km/h..

yah.. i think this is the major problem..others such as the wiring can be done pronto (ODO mileage is only 52,000km)

i think the engine has very poor compression. any comments/ suggestions/ solution and advices to address this problem sirs?

need help badly. if you know any good mechanics and tuners please share sa contact details.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hello lenpsalm,

no power? try mo muna check airfilter baka barado na,

ang baba pa ng tinakbo ng pajero mo, hindi pa naman siguro blowby yan,
    the best would be to get a compression test para malaman mo kung blowbly na,

symptoms usually ng blowby are
    matakaw sa crudo,
    mausok!!!!!
    kumakain ng langis,
    but siempre compression test ang the best.

try reading sa gen 2.5 pajero threads, dami info dun about our pajero.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A/T or M/T? kabibili mo lang bai?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Have you tried tuning it up,most cars will run good for about 50 thousand miles then they get in need of a tune up,you know plugs and wires and filters ,any of these things can cause it to run like this,it might also help to have the computer scanned on it to see if it has any trouble codes in it,even a bad gas filter will cause one to run like this,you need to check all this stuff really good,it probably wouldn't hurt it if it did have a good tune up done to it,good luck with it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also try checking transmission either torque converter or clutch disk. Baka worn out.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the advices.. really appreciate it. im sending it to the shop today.. hehe.. pa compression test ko then pa calibrate din yung injector.. actually when we got the unit for the first 3 days it didn't show all the problems.. pag test drive namin sa mountain then nalabas lahat ng mga problema.. hehe .. automatic yung pajero ko

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ask them the readings/numbers on the compression test and the nozzle pressure. para may idea din ka bai.

check the tranny condition na rin like 4J suggested. check the atf level and condition. even a very lossen tranny kickdown cable can give you those symptoms.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi sirs,

thanks for all the suggestions.

what has happened is that we found out that the radiator is busted (cracked) so we replaced it with a new one. performance wise, we noticed a significant improvement.

any suggestions to increase the power of the car more? there is black smoke coming out of the muffler thou..should the fuel injector be recalibrated?

reason for me to ask for suggestions for the increase in power is that i am comparing it on the basis of acceleration for the uphill climbs.. the car i am trying to compare it with is a 3.0 L fortuner 4x4

help with local unit pajero fieldmaster