New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi, I have this stock head unit with came with the Lancer EX 2.0 MX:

It works fine with the physical buttons but does not respond to touch and the stylus. Is there something that I must do to enable it? I bought this car slightly used (2k+ kilometer mileage) and I am happy with it except that the touch screen does not respond to touch and stylus. The battery of the car was recently removed (I dunno why the previous owner did that). Does it have something to do with the ECU resetting? I am totally lost here...

If anyone could also post a link to the PDF owners manual, that would be great. Thanks Tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    Hi, I have this stock head unit with came with the Lancer EX 2.0 MX:

It works fine with the physical buttons but does not respond to touch and the stylus. Is there something that I must do to enable it? I bought this car slightly used (2k+ kilometer mileage) and I am happy with it except that the touch screen does not respond to touch and stylus. The battery of the car was recently removed (I dunno why the previous owner did that). Does it have something to do with the ECU resetting? I am totally lost here...

If anyone could also post a link to the PDF owners manual, that would be great. Thanks Tsikoteers!
    Only winterpine Aurora can help you bro. They will replace that headunit for you.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Only winterpine Aurora can help you bro. They will replace that headunit for you.
    Hi bro, is winterpine the supplier of these OEM head units? The car was purchased from casa last November 2011. Is the head unit covered by the 3-yr warranty?

So if it doesn't respond to touch, is it really broken?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi bro, is winterpine the supplier of these OEM head units? The car was purchased from casa last November 2011. Is the head unit covered by the 3-yr warranty?

So if it doesn't respond to touch, is it really broken?
    Yep. They're the supplier of that unresponsive, ugly sounding headunits. It is covered by the 3 yr warranty.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bro, should I bring it to casa or should I go directly to winterpine for the warranty service?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, should I bring it to casa or should I go directly to winterpine for the warranty service?
    if i am in your shoes, i would go first to the casa since it is covered by the warranty.
    direcho mo na lang sa winterpine kung hindi hinonor ng casa.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks to all your replies. I called Winterpine earlier and a technician told me that there is a calibration procedure that must be done since the battery was removed. I hope it works.

HELP: Lancer Ex 2.0 MX DVD touchscreen not responding to touch!