New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pajero People,

I need your help in diagnosing this problem. I'll try to describe the symptoms as clearly as I can.

The car would start out ok. Let's say I'm cruising at 2WD and I would approach a stoplight or traffic. Siyempre I would apply the breaks gradually and place the gearshift in neutral. When I would do this, I would hear a whirring sound (actually sounds like a tricycle). The whirring sound happens when I shift to neutral. Then as I would stop, I would hear some sort of knock and the car would jerk forward very very slightly. Then the 4WD indicator lights (the two lights for the front wheel in the indicator matrix) would start blinking.

Actually this happened to me before pero I noticed that it went away when I changed my tires. Also a temporary fix for it would be to place the truck in 4WD run for a while in that mode and switch back to 2WD. It would stop the problem for a little while pero sooner or later, the problem is gonna reappear.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be related to the tires? My tires are only about 2 years old at medyo malaim pa yung tread. Not like the other time na nangyari medyo patapon na nga yung gulong ko nun.

Any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,

We need more details about your Pajero. Is it a local or imported (ex-Japanese, Dubai, etc.) model?

Is it equipped with the Super Select 4WD system (2H-4H-4HLc-[N]-4LLc)?

What kind of transmission does it have?

I'm just making a wild guess but you could be having problems with your front axle disconnect.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    gas ba paj mo?

baka may vacuum leak (kahit diesel)...had that prob before..vacuum leak...actually walang vacuum..nde nakakabit yung isang small vacuum hose...or yung vacuum solenoid baka sira....yun lang maicip ko now eh...heheh goodluck...balitaan mo kami...

btw yung symptoms mo parehong pareho sa akin nung nagkavacuum leak yung akin...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Otep: Its a local 1996 pajero. TDIC powered. Super Select model na.

Maki:Anong ginawa sa ride mo para maayos Come to think of it, yung knock that I described earlier sounds kinda like a solenoid coil actuating. Major repair ba 'to? Anong ginawa sa ride mo para maayos?

Help in diagnosing 96 Pajero Problem