New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi to all MITSUBISHI ENTHUSIASTS...... newbie here.

just want to ask/share to everyone if someone here already saw a GSR 2dr AWD with 280HP 4G63TS

Where here to offer services specially to MITSU-ENTHUSIASTS

will post some photos soon

[SIZE=2]rallyinnovations.com[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    some people have already built an AWD lancers years ago

the Lancers were transplanted with engines and drivetrains from JDM Evos

pati Galants converted to AWD using JDM Galant VR4 engines and drivetrains

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    some people have already built an AWD lancers years ago

the Lancers were transplanted with engines and drivetrains from JDM Evos

pati Galants converted to AWD using JDM Galant VR4 engines and drivetrains
    ?

i see, so what's the feedback? how they do it? also any idea how they install the rear diff?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PENTECH View Post
    i see, so what's the feedback? how they do it? also any idea how they install the rear diff?
    Typically they butcher (cut & weld) the rear section so there would be enough space and mounting points for the rear diff and axels.

Many years ago, there was an attempt to make an AWD Nissan Sentra Exalta with a SR20DET engine and Brembro brakes on all four corners. The project reached full functional FWD but ran out of funds before the rear drive was installed. Last I heard, the car was sold as 2WD.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 26th, 2010 at 08:10 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... the problem for the GSR would be that the wheelbase is nearly 100 mm shorter, so you'll need a custom prop-shaft to make everything fit... and likely a custom fuel tank.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i see cut and weld???!!! but i want to know how they installed the rear differential?

do they fabricated it?

im planning to this project asap

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yeah... the problem for the GSR would be that the wheelbase is nearly 100 mm shorter, so you'll need a custom prop-shaft to make everything fit... and likely a custom fuel tank.

sir thanks for repky.... regarding prop-shaft i think it's not a big deal i done it for several time in my 4x4 off road ( i mean the conversion)

regarding fuel tank maybe i can use racing fuel tank (20liters only)

but what can you suggest how i can adapt the rear differential?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PENTECH View Post
    sir thanks for repky.... regarding prop-shaft i think it's not a big deal i done it for several time in my 4x4 off road ( i mean the conversion)

regarding fuel tank maybe i can use racing fuel tank (20liters only)

but what can you suggest how i can adapt the rear differential?
    Buy the whole Evo kit. That usually includes front cut and rear differential, as well as all the wheels, axles and suspension. Sometimes it includes fenders and hood, but these won't fit. The mechanical bits should cost you around 300-400k. Cut out your rear multi-link brace and weld in the rear differential, swap out the engine and front suspension and get the transmisssion positioned. then measure how much you have to cut the prop-shaft to fit. You might also need to cut a bigger tunnel in the floor if the GSR doesn't have the same tunnel that the sedan does (you'll have to get both a sedan and a GSR up on a lift to see the differences).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    are there any jdm awd gsr's? kasi my friend's short-cut approach to making an all-wheel drive lancer (itlog) is to cut a donor local lancer's bulk head (yun ba tawag dun sa part where you find the chassis number?) then transfer it to a jdm evo. kasama na syempre local bumper and the all important local plate number

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cydepx44 View Post
    are there any jdm awd gsr's? kasi my friend's short-cut approach to making an all-wheel drive lancer (itlog) is to cut a donor local lancer's bulk head (yun ba tawag dun sa part where you find the chassis number?) then transfer it to a jdm evo. kasama na syempre local bumper and the all important local plate number
    That's probably the easiest way to do it. Of course... it's also highly illegal.

Don't recall there ever being an AWD two-door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gsr awd???!!!