New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    try mo muna makipag-swap sa dad mo for let's say after 3K kms of using his pajero. pahiram mo muna sa kanya yung altis mo for 3K kms din. swap din kayo sa maintenance. pag sa tingin mo komportable ka sa pajero, then seal off the deal.
    Yeah I am actually thinking about this. Will see if my dad will allow me to borrow it. I wish it will read a good city driving mileage of 7.5kms / liter.

After hearing others getting 4kms / liter my eyes went BIG!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get it. Iba pag Pajero ang dinadrive > Altis.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Definitely get the Fieldmaster. Its pretty much bulletproof in all aspects. Its chassis is way tougher than most cars/SUV so even if you have a collision with a bus, there is a huge chance that you're safe inside.

Only cons I could think of:

1. Tires (At least 5k each for decent ones)
    2. Mahal carwash
    Hahaha. I'm not looking forward to the BUS collision scenario.

Yeah tires are actually pricey, Bridgestone Duellers at 9k, woah. .... the bad thing is, the current tires do need replacement. And I heard my dad's brother (the one who got the Safari) wants to change the tires of the Safari; spare included. So my dad told him to sell him back the Bridgestone Duellers he got for the Safari.

Hehehe. Oo nga, car wash also falls under operational costs pala.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    At 140,000km medyo marami rami ka ng papaayos diyan, yung akin 70,000km may mga tunog na na wala dati. Hey Pajero maintenance aint cheap. Weigh the pros and cons buddy.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    At 140,000km medyo marami rami ka ng papaayos diyan, yung akin 70,000km may mga tunog na na wala dati. Hey Pajero maintenance aint cheap. Weigh the pros and cons buddy.

* oliver

Thank you for your feedback. You got your ride brand new? I am still to get a ride on my dads Pajero. I already moved out of there house when he got it second hand last year so I did not have the opportunity to feel/hear the ride.

What I did so far was start it and shake the whole car. So far the engine sounded good and there was no squeaking sounds...but so far thats about it. Kaya I'm kindda scared too. Will see soon when I get to ride it.

Well repairs will cost money. But I hope that those repairs are the kind of repairs that does some cure.....like when you change the parts that need replacement/repair, the problem goes away also.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    You can never have too much space in a vehicle, particularly for those out of town trips.

Go for the Pajero, do your dad a favor and take the burden of selling it out of his hands, that way he "owes" you a favor. Besides your altis has one of those ZZ sludgers.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    eto bang fieldmaster eh 4d56 engine. kung yan yun nakow sobrang tipid i-maintain nyan

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Get the pajero, since 4x2 it'll easily do 6kms/L. Yung engine nya na 4m40 is one of the most reliable engine around. Kya nga mahal sa surplus shop yan eh. Tama sabi nila napaka mahal ng gulong ng suv, pero given the correct choice it'll outlast twice your altis tires. Just take a look how deep the grooves of AT tires. It's under chasis will surely be more robust than a cars, heck its made for off-roading. Lamang ka pa sa resale value AFAIK twice ng value ng altis mo if you say 300K. Yung paj nasa 600K neighborhood, so parang tubo ka pa ng atleast 200K. I wouldn't blink at that trade...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just ask your dad what replaced so farthen check the forum for the parts that need replacing, if the pajero has never had a calibration service, maybe it is time. get the pajero, you won't regret it.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Hahaha. I'm not looking forward to the BUS collision scenario.

Yeah tires are actually pricey, Bridgestone Duellers at 9k, woah. .... the bad thing is, the current tires do need replacement. And I heard my dad's brother (the one who got the Safari) wants to change the tires of the Safari; spare included. So my dad told him to sell him back the Bridgestone Duellers he got for the Safari.

Hehehe. Oo nga, car wash also falls under operational costs pala.
    Yup but I do not recommend Dueller tires dahil ang bilis maubos. We switched to Federals on both Pajeros

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Getting my dads Pajero Gen 2.5 for FREE....Deal or No Deal?!