1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    and tire prices are worlds apart.....
    Yes indeed

Kaya one at a time lang. Hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    To be fair naman sa Pajero, Last year, I was caught offguard by ondoy, and boy! i am thankful that i'm using my pajero then....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    IMO, in 5 years time mas mataas na resale value ng pajero mo kesa sa altis. since mukhang alaga naman yang pajero, go for it na. regular maintenance will surely yield 7+km/ltr. Also, 5k km ka na mag-change oil and use shell helix diesel para ok na ok.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    IMO, in 5 years time mas mataas na resale value ng pajero mo kesa sa altis. since mukhang alaga naman yang pajero, go for it na. regular maintenance will surely yield 7+km/ltr. Also, 5k km ka na mag-change oil and use shell helix diesel para ok na ok.
    Ry, thanks for the advise.

We actually change the oil of or Diesel cars at 3,000kms reading. That's what my dad did for his 1994 Safari and 2006 Starex CRDI and the Pajero....And that's what I plan to do for the Pajero if I do get it.

Yeah an '05 Altis sells around 380k below. I actually got mine from my aunt (mom's sister) July last year for 300k only, it ran 50k when I got it.

When I get the Pajero, I will change all the fluids, belts, filters, and suspension parts one at a time....but kung kaya, isang bagsakan lahat para sweet ang andar.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Based on what you have written, your inclination is towards the Pajero already, it is my opnion though -- go for it; Mitsubishi is not hard to maintain because the spare parts are easily purchased national wide!

"Acceptance" is the key since two vehicles are world apart - I think this is a none issue naman eh; hindi lang isang beses mo kasing sinabi that you are willing to adjust . This is my reference when I say your inclined to get the Pajero over the Altis.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    Based on what you have written, your inclination is towards the Pajero already, it is my opnion though -- go for it; Mitsubishi is not hard to maintain because the spare parts are easily purchased national wide!

"Acceptance" is the key since two vehicles are world apart - I think this is a none issue naman eh; hindi lang isang beses mo kasing sinabi that you are willing to adjust . This is my reference when I say your inclined to get the Pajero over the Altis.
    Yes sir. I am actually inclining for the Pajero. But I wanna make sure I am convinced the right way and not just purely on impulse.

I am slowly accepting the cost issues based on what I have read, reviewed and heared from colleagues and from the tsikot board. And if there are more things that I should know whether good or bad about trading in my '05 Altis for a '99 Pajero Gen 2.5 * 140,000kms mileage...bring it on.

Thank you again dBoss

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    get the Pajero para mas mataas ka sa sister mo kasi mas matanda ka

cons:

welcome to driving a tank

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    try mo muna makipag-swap sa dad mo for let's say after 3K kms of using his pajero. pahiram mo muna sa kanya yung altis mo for 3K kms din. swap din kayo sa maintenance. pag sa tingin mo komportable ka sa pajero, then seal off the deal.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Definitely get the Fieldmaster. Its pretty much bulletproof in all aspects. Its chassis is way tougher than most cars/SUV so even if you have a collision with a bus, there is a huge chance that you're safe inside.

Only cons I could think of:

1. Tires (At least 5k each for decent ones)
    2. Mahal carwash

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    get the Pajero para mas mataas ka sa sister mo kasi mas matanda ka

cons:

welcome to driving a tank
    Hahaha.

Yup its really a tank. I missed driving our 1994 Safari, too bad my dad sold it to his brother.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Getting my dads Pajero Gen 2.5 for FREE....Deal or No Deal?!