New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Am about to sell my van later and might be replacing it with a smaller one - my wife likes the Liteace GXL or if I do have some luck - I really would like a box-type Pajero. Since my budget is limited - max 260T, I'll still try to find the best circa '89-91 models(?).

I have a commuter car for weekdays and I will mostly use the Pajero on weekend provincial or malling trips with the family. And my job is in sales so probably on some days I'll be using it as a coding car. Maporma pa naman siguro ito kung malinis 'no.

Can I still find good buys with my budget? Am wary of those auctioned vehicles e. Can it run long hours without overheating? In traffic? I believe parts and maintenance is manageable.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your budget is good enough.
    wag kalang magmadali in finding a well-maintained one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its a good tough vehicle. Find the best one for your budget and dont rush..... be picky.

IMO, maganda yung mga Gen1 na "Mid Roof". Ayoko talaga ng bubble top. Most midroofs are from subic nga lang... hence converted.

Youll be very very very luck if you can get a midroof na hindi converted.

Good luck! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on our experience, Pajeros are very reliable. Kelan din lang nabenta yung '88 namin (non-turbo) for around Php 220K, I think.

You can misuse, abuse and misuse it again pero hindi talaga masisira. We tow with it, ford rivers, jump curbs, etc. We overloaded it so much one time one of the side windows popped out (nasandalan nung mga tiles na sinakay).

Best thing about it is cheap maintenance and you can find a mechanic almost anywhere.

Maporma pa siya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So OK pa pala yung mabili ko...nasa shop na for re painting and body repair... after that pwede ng pang harabas..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Nabili mo na? Basta check the engine. Sold my '87 for 240 pa. porma pa and I still miss it

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check out Bogart's Pajero Gen.
    its in the market pa yata

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bubbles
    Nabili mo na? Basta check the engine. Sold my '87 for 240 pa. porma pa and I still miss it
    Yes Sir
    Nabili ko na po transfer nalang ng rehistro kailangan.. nasa shop na rin for repainting and completed body repair for 83K.. Ok naman daw engine sabi ni ungas..

Yon nga pala yung dating pajero ni Sir Happyman.. na pinag offroad nya..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its for family use in and out of town, the Pajero is the better option... Its bigger body will give your family better protection and the engine will perform better then that of the Lite Ace. Just take the time to look for a good unit. Although you will expect repairs here and there being an old car, parts will be quite affordable and mechanics know the car pretty well.

We had an '86 model before (Japan CBU) with no turbo so it was really slow. Aside from a snapped timing belt (our fault since the car was not maintained much), the car chugged on quite reliably. When we returned the car to the office that assigned it to us, it was assigned to another person and i saw it just on the roads last year (not bad for a decade old, abused vehicle).

My neighbor currently drives a Gen1 boxtype with and intercooler turbo engine, flat top/roof, and rear coil suspension... its an imported, original LHD model... ganda.

If you can find a good one with a turbo going for the price you want, go get it. Get a local one over the Subic ones which are proliferating to help avoid possible maintainance problems.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    In top condition, tipid engine mo. Contrary to the belief that pejeros are underpowered (well they aren't as powerful as safaris and landcruisers), they are pretty fast. marami nagtatanong saakin kung modified engine ko. pero maski turbo wala ako. Maintenance and driving style lang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is Gen1 Pajero still reliable?