New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello,

I'm really not an expert on these things. So I wanna ask for advice. I have a Gen 2 Pajero (1996, Super Select) and wanna ask what upgrades na puwede gawin mainly on the suspension, tyres, and mags.

I'm actually interested in the suspension upgrades because it's a 7 year old vehicle and I think that the suspension is still all original (as in from the time it got delivered to us). Alaga naman ang sasakyan, pero I think na it's time to change some suspension components. My question is what should I change/upgrade in my suspension? I really want to keep the stock height. No lowering or liting for me. Basically ang gusto plug and play lang na upgrades. Any suggestions? And how much?

Also saan makakita ng magandang mags for the Pajero? Gusto ko sana ipakabit is either 17" or 18" mags. Magkano kaya aabutin pati narin yung gulong?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,

Kung ayaw mo ng lift then just go with OEM or genuine 555 components. Bakit mo naman gusto i-upgrade? May problema na ba?

If you have money to burn the get upgrade torsion bars (front), coil springs (back) and (all) shocks. Meron naman nito na walang lift or maliit lang ang lift na ibibigay. Coils are Php7.5K/pr, TBars are a bit more expensive, and shocks usually cost Php 20K for a set of four.

Sa wear and tear, check the ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm and the various bushings. Mura lang ang mga iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OTEP: Wala pa naman problema (at least I think na walang problema). Pero since its a 7 year old suspension, I think it's time to change some of the parts kahit hindi pa naman nasisira.

I want to upgrade kasi gusto ko sana i-improve yung ride ng Pajero ko. Will upgrading the suspension (the upgrades that you mentioned) improve the ride? Also what brands are good for the upgrades that you mentioned? Magkano ang TBars?

Front and back coil springs ba ang Paje? I always thought leaf spring yung likod niya.

Thanks sir for your input. Anyone else?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok as for mags check out pajerokid's ride
    yun ayos na yun IMHO tapos mag all terrain ka na tires

for suspension naman ok pa naman ang OEM t-bar eh

yung rear na lang upgrade mo
    shocks and coils will do

old man, rancho, bilstein etc etc

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ralliart mags astig ang dating,yung tyres na pang 17 or 18 8t each ata.

green
    para masigurado mo kung may kailangan nang palitan ioffroad mo muna sa march 23,sama ka

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah yes and let the off road bug bite you!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang coil spring sa harap ang Pajero. It uses torsion bars instead. Just like most pick-up trucks. Sa likod, coils lahat ng local Pajero. Sa ibang markets lang offered ang leaf spring.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Para kang nagsusunog ng pera niyan. hehehe. Matibay ang suspension ng Pajero. Even with the off-road antics we do, hindi siya nasisira. Baka lalo lang magkanda-loko-loko kung ipagagalaw mo pa. Upgrade the coils and shocks na lang. Yun ang sulit na upgrade.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OTEP: Will the ride of the Pajero improve with the shock/spring upgrade for the rear? I'll take your advise and consider the rear upgrade na muna. Thanks.

Its not that something is broken. Medyo maingay lang yung tingin ko sa sasakyan. That's why I'm thinking suspension. Like I said its been 7 years.

Anyone know of a good shop where they can diagnose the suspension?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green,

Try changing all the shocks muna. KYB Gas if you're on a budget (like me). OME or Rancho if you can afford to. If hindi ka pa satisfied, then get new rear coils.

Yung talyer ni GlennSter ok naman mag-diagnose. Yung talyer ni boknoyxtrm2001 ayos din. Wala nga lang silang alignment machine pareho. PM them na lang if you need details.

Kay Glenn ako kasi magkalapit lang bahay namin (QC). Yung AWTO-FIT ni boknoy nasa south pa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gen 2 Pajero Upgrades