New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    i was just wondering, if you have the chance to purchase the new Pajero, what would it be, the diesel of gas version? why? pros and cons?

i believe many will say that their choice is the diesel version (lalo na diesel thread to)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the gas version will be a lot quicker.. also a lot faster drinking gas.. the diesel is more economical but suffers sa performance.. if sanay ka sa expedition i think ok ang gas.. dahil malamang hindi 4km/ liter ang paj..hula mga 5-6km/l ito... for everyday use..you guessed it...diesel..you wont race a paj anyway..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The diesel drives better because it has more torque at lower rpms. Plus, you consume less of a cheaper fuel.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The diesel builds up power early on. Especially the class-leading 4M41 engine of the GEN III Pajero.

We have two GEN II's here. My diesel and the V6. The V6 has great top end power. But it does not really have much to show at low revs. Just trying to mount a curb requires you to rev the V6 high. The diesel will climb it at practically off idle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the gas version would be more responsive, for sure, but i don't think the 4m41 is a slouch...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I almost forgot. The Gen3 has a new gas engine. 3.8L V6. If you compare the 3.5L to the 4M41, no match talaga yung 3.5L.... im not so sure about the 3.8L though.....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    diesel, i would prefer diesel, tama you wont race a paj naman eh...

ganu ba kabagal ang diesel sa acceleration? wala ba time yun 100kph nya? hhehe just wondering

ang 3.5L na gen III pajero ata was 11 seconds yung 0-100kph. how about the 3.8L?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir phillipogi... yun diesel variant??? anu kaya mga 1/4 mile ng mga yan... haha

hehehe bakit i-drag ba daw ang diesel?? hehehe!

sir otep, ano nga ba 1/4 mile ng diesel pajero??? sino na naka try i-time sa 400m yung pajero diesel?

nakuha ko lang sa Autocar ASEAN yung 11 seconds eh...parang yun nakita kong time kanina....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Gas or Diesel Pajero? Why?