New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hello. im new here... would like to ask what is the frequency of getting a tune up for mitsu lancer '98? also how often do you replace spark plugs if you use bosch titanium spark plugs? it is true that for these titanium and iridium spark plugs, can go up to 60km?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trekker16 View Post
    hello. im new here... would like to ask what is the frequency of getting a tune up for mitsu lancer '98? also how often do you replace spark plugs if you use bosch titanium spark plugs? it is true that for these titanium and iridium spark plugs, can go up to 60km?
    typical service frequency is 5000 kilometers or six months whichever comes first.

Personally I don't like using extended life sparkplugs unless there is a special reason why you want to use them (like in Nissan Cefiro V6 cars). Sparkplugs are cheap and removing old ones can give you a peak in the engine's internal performance, like if the engine is running well or slightly off for some reason.

Also extended use sparkplugs be okay to use for long periods but you still have to remember to replace your motor oil at the proper service intervals. When you replace the engine's oil, you are removing the accumulated dirt and other contaminants.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i go on tune-ups every six months, and i replace the plugs during that time with the fuel filter. sama na din ang change oil dyan and change of air filter.

use stock plugs. 75 pesos each lang yun. so 300 pesos lang lahat. some of the extended plugs tend to have an effect on your vehicle's acceleration.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Same here. Change oil and tune up every 5,000 kms or 6 months whichever comes first.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    guys ask ko nga pla type and brand ng oil nyo? ^_^

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I dont see the need to use 'extended use' spark plugs.

The ordinary spark plug can be used up to 20,000kms on a properly
    tuned engine. That is what it needs to pass the test to be accepted
    for production and sale to consumers. Most of the time the only reason you are changing your spark plugs is to save on 'downtime' in a mechanics garage.

Para me benta ng spark plug.
    Last edited by mark_t; March 24th, 2009 at 01:42 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boykabog View Post
    guys ask ko nga pla type and brand ng oil nyo? ^_^

im using mobil semi synth.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    id4lv
    ano ibig sabihin ng stock spark plugs? sorry newbie talaga

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    id4lv
    ano ibig sabihin ng stock spark plugs? sorry newbie talaga
    stock for lancer is NGK BP5***.

if i talk on non-stock, eto yung mga platinum or iridium tips.

frequency of tune up