New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi Folks,

Planning to buy this baby but wanted to make sure that I get your opinion on this car.

How's the FC?
    Is this a reliable car?
    What are the usual things/parts that break/needs replacement?
    Anyone who has experience driving this baby?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Rowie

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OM-Rowie View Post
    Hi Folks,

Planning to buy this baby but wanted to make sure that I get your opinion on this car.

How's the FC?
    Is this a reliable car?
    What are the usual things/parts that break/needs replacement?
    Anyone who has experience driving this baby?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Rowie

Hi Rowie,

BTW are you a male or female?

I have a 1999GSR M/T, so I guess your is an A/T. I suggest you buy a M/T if driving an M/T isn't a problem for you. The only problem with the GSR is the front suspension, it's not a huge problem though. I find mine a bit of matagtag since it's not stock anymore and mine has low prof tires and lowering springs. I doubt that yours would be in a 100% stock form still.

GSR is a great car, I can zigzag anywhere in the road. I wuld suggest that you find one that has a MIVEC engine or better a 4G63T. Mine still has a stock engine and I can get 8-10KpL in out of town trips and 5-6KpL in town. Mind you, I don't give a f*ck about FC when I drive my GSR coz I just want to rev it hard till the stock engine gets busted. Gusto ko kasing magpalit ng 4G63T or MIVEC pero sayang naman kung papalitan ko yung makina na wala namang problema.

It is a good buy if you know how to check a car like the engine, tranny, suspensions etc.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir why not trade it on for the engine you like?

Ok naman Gsr, mas ok talaga m/t para less headaches in the future. Problem lang talaga is pangilalim but it's also easy to source replacement parts. Hanap ka pinaka sariwa makita kahit mas mahal konti basta no funny sound sa engine, solid paint job, and intact interior. Medyo mahirap maghanap since medyo old model pero may jackpot parin diyan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    BTW Rowie,

Try to join Mitsulancerph.et may nagbebenta kasi ng red GSR 98 model dun na M/T, kaka strip to metal lang at engine overhaul. The mechanic of the engine is a highly recommended mechanic by lancer users tsaka 17" mags na rin. Just go to the for sale section ang you'll see.

*Archie,

Nanghihnayang kasi ako sa makina eh, sayang kasi kung papalitan ko naman ang hindi sira di ba? Ako kasi yung tipo ng tao na pag hindi sira ay gagamitin ko ng gagamitin hanggang mag end of life na ang isang bagay at tsaka ko papalitan ng bago. The engine is approx 14 years old and still no signs of failing.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I'm a dude yup looking for M/T car, how much is the usual price range for this car? 200k is my budget, also would you recommend this over a sentra s4 or lancer glxi (pizzapie)?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung pang binata yeah that's recommendable pero kung pang pamilya hanap ka na lang ng 4 door. Yung binebenta sa mitsulancerph.net ay nasa around P280K ata. Pero sobrang ok yun puntahan mo yung site para makita mo yung mga pics at mga mods na ginawa ng may-ari.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Teka, Gsr, 280k? Wow! Alam ko bentahan niyan well below 200k.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    as I said, take a look before thinking the price is too much. With everything he done to the car, I would say the price is reasonable.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ahh ok. Sa price kasi parang pinasa lahat ng mods sa buyer. In my opinion, it's better to get it stock and mod it yourself. I've seen a Gsr sold for 160k and sariwa body, engine, and interior.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Impressive yung kotse ha. Lalo na yung time and effort na ininvest ng may ari.
    BTW, I have a GSR before. Dapat talaga bihira kang may pasahero na sa likod uupo. Nakakaawa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Feedback on Mistusbish GSR 2000 (2 Door Sports Coupe)