New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autoc...s-no-more.aspx

I’ve just spent an engaging half-hour in the company of Gayu Eusegi, Mitsubishi’s global product director.

Mostly we talked about the new Global Small Concept, which will be built in Thailand and sized somewhere between a Toyota Aygo and the Colt supermini. It’ll go on UK sale in 2012, effectively replacing the Colt in the line-up.

But also he told me some news, which seemed to surprise a few Mitsubishi Europe bods as much as it did me.

The LancerEvolution X, Eusegi told me, will be the last Evo. “There is still a demand [for the car],” he said, “but we must stop.” Eyebrow up.

“Our influence now is EV technology,” Eusegi said, adding that the decision was a “policy change”.

It seems Mitsubishi, which is going to introduce eight full electric or hybrid cars by 2015, has decided its image is about lowering CO2, not making lurid replicas of rally cars that don’t go top-level rallying any more.

Eusegi said that customers would find it “easier to understand” what Mitsubishi was about if it was no longer in this motorsport-inspired market.

He seemed to put the rumoured diesel hybrid Evo replacement to bed, too. So the X will be the last Evolution model? “Yes. Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles,” said Eusegi. “Maybe then we can enter the market again.”

Until then, prepare yourselves for the end of an era.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Look on the bright side na lang tayo sir, that at least they (mitsu) does want to race electric (or hybrid) vehicles in the future. That is not far fetched afterall.

But the Evo X will surely be priceless and its value later on appreciate IMO.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; March 2nd, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i think the 6 and the 9 will have more value in the future.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes the Evo 9 MR. it's the best Evo ever

and the Evo 6 Makinen

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yes the Evo 9 MR. it's the best Evo ever

and the Evo 6 Makinen
    Oo nga pala, iba rin nga naman yung nagamit sa WRC kaya mas may prestige.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well time to move on... This company is bleeding money and its rally days are over. Rallying and joining motorsports in general is a luxury and those can only be afforded to money making car companies as a marketing tool...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    so buy a stock evo 9, keep it stock i'm guessing after 10-15years you could probably sell it for twice the price or even more.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thing is stock evos are rare

most evos are modded as soon as people get their hands on them
    Last edited by uls; March 2nd, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    as long as they kept the OEM parts and the mods they put are bolt on only, i guess that would be ok.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Oo nga. Kasi nga "La Ocean Deep" na kasi yung LanEvo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Evo no more.