New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Should the time came that an engine wash is needed for the CRDi Mitsubishi engine (Pajero, Montero, Strada, etc...). What are the preparations to be done and things to watch out for in doing the wash?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Don't have an engine wash.

Today's engines are jam-packed with electronic devices compared to those from the older days. People then didn't have fancy common rail engines and it was ok it they we're fond of engine washes. The only thing that could easily get wet and damaged was the alternator which could easily be covered up with plastic. Remember that the number 1 enemy of electronic devices is water. Once you get one of those sensors wet, expect your wallet to thin out quickly.

My advice is get an 'engine punas' instead. Takes a long time and lots of elbow grease but atleast it's a whole lot safer. Remember, nasa huli ang pagsisisi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    * 20K PMS heavy check up, engine wash was included in the casa...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ingat lang sa engine wash, baka may electricals na madali. magkaloko loko pa. so basically, forget it nalang

ipadetail mo nalang sa waxdaddy ( speedlab * Q.ave ), waterless yung gamit nila so safe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Pa engine wash mo sa Casa para sure.

If wala ka enough money, normally car wash shops remove the battery.

Then tatakpan ng plastic yung Distributor.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    don't wash your car engine unless you want some headache

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wag nalang to be sure na safe..jan nagloko makina ng kotse ko dati mula ng nag pa engine wash ako..baka di pa marunong ang gumawa o mapalakas ang buga ng tubig, delikado..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas maganda siguro kung ikaw na lang ang maglinis ng engine bay mo para maingatan mo iyong hindi dapat mabasa .

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sa Speedlab, they have waterless engine detailing. I tried it before with my bimmer, okay naman, better than engine wash

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    if your rig is still brand new w/c is under warranty you can have it engine wash either outside or at the casa, at least protected somehow thru warranty but when the time it expired the best advice is to undergo Waterless Engine Detail at waxdaddy IMO for assurance of worry free engine repair from high pressure cleaning & wetness of critical electrical parts & components at the engine bay. my 1 zents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Wash