New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I read from another board with turbo-powered cars that the MS ecu can be re-flashed for faster acceleration, stronger torque, better fuel efficiency etc?
    This, apparently, even becomes necessary when simple modifications such as intake and exhaust upgrades are installed.
    Anybody ever done this yet with their MS?
    If yes, can you either post your dyno sheet or share your new numbers?
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by green eagle View Post
    I read from another board with turbo-powered cars that the MS ecu can be re-flashed for faster acceleration, stronger torque, better fuel efficiency etc?
    This, apparently, even becomes necessary when simple modifications such as intake and exhaust upgrades are installed.
    Anybody ever done this yet with their MS?
    If yes, can you either post your dyno sheet or share your new numbers?
    Thanks.
    Interesting questions. I have no idea about re-flashing but if it entails making modifications with the ecu (chip tuning) it would surely affect its warranty in case of any malfunction. I read about the race chip which claims not to override and manipulate the ECU therefore maintaining the warranty. - Race Chip Pro | Chip Tunning | Engine Power | Philippines » Our Product

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Yup - I guess that will void the warranty if done while still within the period.
    Saw the Race Chip pro stall in the recent CAMPI auto show & they do Monteros.
    However, I am curious if anybody in the forum has done any engine ecu re-flashing or dyno-tuning to their Monteros already without making use of aftermarket parts.
    I have also read that some have installed sprint boosters & other gadgets enhancing power output. Re-flashing or dyno-tuning may generate the same results, though, at a relatively lesser cost.