New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi everybody, as you may know, my parents always blabbering the car name "Minica". I don't know what that is, but I think it's a small car. Hey everybody, does the Minica car exists? C'mon! Does it even exists?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    small kei car, went out late 70s to mid 80s.

sold in the phil at about that same time. google is your best bet here if you want more info.

the chances of you getting one in your location is very very low. so you can tell your parents to stop waxing nostalgic about it because it'll be like trying to find a fully restored lancer box type 1988 model there in north america.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Hi everybody, as you may know, my parents always blabbering the car name "Minica". I don't know what that is, but I think it's a small car. Hey everybody, does the Minica car exists? C'mon! Does it even exists?
    Yes, I am very much aware of the Minica. this was the first Mitsubishi my grandparents bought way back 1970... i lost pictures of this little car though...

My aunt had her own Minica in the 1980s and it served her well too.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've seen some, but they're just being sold for like 40 thousand....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ahh, yes... the Minica. I was in grade school back then. We owned a white one for a short while but I was too young to remember any of the details... other than remembering that I (seriously) attempted to lift the back end of the car, thinking I'm Superman. :D

Of course, I never did get it off the ground.....

Kids! and their imagination.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Ahh, yes... the Minica. I was in grade school back then. We owned a white one for a short while but I was too young to remember any of the details... other than remembering that I (seriously) attempted to lift the back end of the car, thinking I'm Superman. :D

Of course, I never did get it off the ground.....

Kids! and their imagination.
    hahaha! i also recalled, the tailgate is only half of the the whole rear panel a la VW Brasilia. the back was full of bags then and it served as a picnic seat and diaper changing station!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    small kei car, went out late 70s to mid 80s.
    OT:
    another forgotten kei car Mitsubishi sold here was the L100! this is one little van that was one generation behind the Suzuki Super Carry Van. does anyone here in tsikot have pictures/brochures? hehehe... thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember my brother telling me a story about a prank they pulled back in high school on one of his classmates who drove the Mitsu Minica. With four friends, they lifted the parked Minica and moved it around the corner. When the owner/classmate came back for the car, he thought his car was stolen!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My friend owned one in the early 80s. We took turns driving it around. Handled relatively well and surprisingly we were able to fit in 5 people on certain occasions.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    it was once Davao city's popular 2door taxi without aircon in the early 80's. engine around 400cc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast