New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga sirs, I'm new here. Mi tanong ako. Ano ba ang use ng diesel return pipe/line; wala namang dumadaloy na diesel if return talaga ang function? Pwede ko bang i block na lang eto?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bakit mo naman i-block yan?? during injection of diesel fuel, not all fuel from the pump will pass thru the injector thus a need for a return hose..

same principle yan nung mga piston type pressure washer.. may return hose din..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the manufacturer spent good money to have that doodad installed. there has to be a good reason for it.
    if you tamper with it, you might find your fuel expenses increased.. and/or you might find your diesel engine "dieseling" after you turn it off (reredondo nang ilan pa pagkatapos mong patayin).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it has a purpose. all diesel injection pumps are designed to pump more fuel so there is always excess fuel flowing back to the tank. why? because that excess fuel is used for COOLING the pump and injectors. if you plug that then you will 1) create overpressure in the pump that can lead to it breaking, and 2) your pump and injectors will overheat.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Fuel return line should always be free from obstruction,,or even kinks... There will always be excess fuel dahil there is pressure needed to inject the fuels via injectors... Just trace your fuel line and make sure its free flowing and with no clog..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Salamat mga sirs, at least I have the idea. Di pala dapat i-plug eto...

thanks again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    nasa design yan return pipe. wag mo i-block.