New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Just want to ask the experts, madugo ba ang engine swap ng local spacewagon to diesel, for example, 4D56 engine? Kailangan din bang palitan others like transmission, etc. Medyo guzzler kasi yung local spacewagon, though maganda other features niya.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Medyo madugo, sir. To the extent that you might want to consider getting a 2nd hand Adventure instead. The 2.5 4D56 wont fit. the 2.0 4D68 would be a better one and it might not be readily available as it was never on sale here in the Philippines... i think it also has a turbocharged version. The tranny might need to be changed- whether it is manual or automatic- not too sure. Of course, the fuel delivery system needs to be changed as well... thats all i can think of for now... what is the Year Model of your SW? is it M/T or A/T? is it the Fuel Injected version?

good luck there...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    Medyo madugo, sir. To the extent that you might want to consider getting a 2nd hand Adventure instead. The 2.5 4D56 wont fit. the 2.0 4D68 would be a better one and it might not be readily available as it was never on sale here in the Philippines... i think it also has a turbocharged version. The tranny might need to be changed- whether it is manual or automatic- not too sure. Of course, the fuel delivery system needs to be changed as well... thats all i can think of for now... what is the Year Model of your SW? is it M/T or A/T? is it the Fuel Injected version?

good luck there...

ah ok, hindi pala kakasya 4D56..actually I used to own a 97 SW matic, so EFI na. Currently contemplating on getting one again, kahit yung carb version lang, then convert to diesel para mas tipid. Bilib kasi talaga ako sa comfort and practicality ng spacewagon ko noon, just had to sell it that time Used to have an Adventure also before, pero iba pa rin talaga yung spacewagon.

thanks for the inputs sir

diesel engine for spacewagon