New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To Delica/similar van Owners:

I plan to set up the family school bus and replace the factory music. I started replacing the 2 din japan stereo with a stock CD/Cassette HU from a sport trac. Fits like a glove. Sound improvement almost 100%. Next replace the papercone factory speakers

Anyone know the size of the rear factory speakers? For sure the fronts are 4 inchers

Also need advice on the ideal size of subwoofers and sub placement (just need a single one for added boom-boom, nothing at SPL levels).

Worst case I plan to get those amplified tubes (mount them right behind the front seats) or those amplified daichi stealth subs (under the rear seat)

Final placement question: In similar vans, where does the amp usually go? (the rear cargo area is sometimes used for well, cargo) So suggestions for an unobtrusive location for amps and sub box is appreciated.

BTW, I have a 7 seater with revolving captains seats in the middle/ folding rear bench.

Again, Anyone know the size of the rear factory speakers?

need advice on the ideal size of subwoofers and sub placement

Final placement question: In similar vans, where does the amp usually go?

Comments are appreciated as usual. Daghang salamat

Mac

Tynee thanks for the heads up. I will visit you soon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same size din ata siya as Hyundai Grace speakers. Ang problema, hindi ko alam yung size dahil wala yung Grace dito. Nasa Baguio. hehehe.

I put an almost 1 cu ft sealed enclosure for my 10" subs behind the third row seats sa may luggage area. The box is constructed out of MDF and a grille protects the sub kaya pwede pa din ako magpatong ng gamit sa sub box. The amp is also screwed on the said box.

You can hang the amp from underneath the last row of seats. Just make sure you have enough extra wire to take into account the folding and other adjustments the seat might have. I hung a 12 disc CD changer and a Nokia trunk phone under the seats in my Besta using wire ties. Wala naman naging problema.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you very much otep. You have provided helpful insights.

Follow up:

Bolting the amp to the sub box would be perfect pero wont it affect the acoustic qualities of the box? Paano kung ma butas/mag crack/bumigay?

Placing the amps under the rear folding seats is also a very good option that i will consider.

Now last remaining puzzle is the exact size of the rear speakers

Thanks Otep.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ser Big Mac,

Makapal yung MDF na ginamit ni GlennSter for my box. Screws pala yung ginamit to hold the amps at hindi bolts. hehehe. So don't worry about losing the airtight properties (assuming sealed type enclosure).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Delica Speakers Size?/Amp Sub Placement