New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    For CRDi users:

For those who are using CRDi already, would you recommend buying it now? Or go back to Old School? Or wait for a cleaner fuel?

Your thoughts on this will be higly appreciated

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we had a starex w/o CRDi and my uncle has a starex w/ crdi. eto lang masasabi ko... iba ang crdi. mas maganda hatak niya than our starex.

i dont know anything about mitsu pick ups but i think the logic is still the same kasi engine lang pinauusapan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, since Hyundai's gotten the formula on how their CRDi's won't break (and I'm assuming Mitsu has as well, since it's not a common problem unlike with D-4D's), then go go CRDi!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i think its better to go with CRDI newer engines Enviromental Friendly pa kasi old school diesels engine mausok we have it before

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    definitely CRDI. just try to fill up at gas stations which you trust yung malinis ang area not flood prone tapos mabilis magbago ng stock which is to say majority ng station din naman ay ganito ang case.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Commonrail na and fill up with premium diesel available.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    try comparing a 2.5 isuzu crosswind with a 2.0 crdi tucson, 1st or the new edition, sure you'll choose crdi

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I bought the first CRDI engine in the Philippines, Trooper 4jx1 engine, nice and powerful, but everyone knows may problem ang injectors neto as well as rpcv.

I got rid of that after 4 years, and bought another crdi pickup. Strada. Well maintained, modified asthetically, lapit na mag 3 years. Napalitan na ng SCV with 35K KM odometer.

My next car, would be gas. CRDI is a good technology with the right clean fuel. But sadly, we don't have clean diesel here, so no matter how good the design of the engine or technology, it will give problems. Solvable, yes, but at a cost. Maybe in a few years i'll get another diesel, but for now, my next cars will be gas even if may option for a diesel.

Here are my reasons why I want gas instead of diesel:
    1. Higher maintenance cost (diesel).
    2. You still see smoke belchers on CRDI cars (why, maybe components are failing)
    3. Diesels are not clean.
    4. More problems can arise even if well maintained.

Just like my friends Kia Sportage 4wd Diesel, nag halo na water and oil and its well maintained.

but even if this is my opinion, i still own the Strada.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ayos ang hatak ng Turbo CRDi, joy to drive, stress-free overtaking, fuel efficient considering the power output. Now i am a proud owner of an old school diesel, why did i choose it? Because: cheaper maintenance in the long run; easier engine troubleshooting wherever you are if somehow it conks out; no fuel's dirty for this baby. Of course it's so darn slow to overtake and noisy but with Philippine road conditions and traffic jams, how often do you have to hit above 120 kph anyway? Of coursel, if you don't intend to keep your car beyond five years, go for CRDi.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marcdom88 View Post
    Ayos ang hatak ng Turbo CRDi, joy to drive, stress-free overtaking, fuel efficient considering the power output. Now i am a proud owner of an old school diesel, why did i choose it? Because: cheaper maintenance in the long run; easier engine troubleshooting wherever you are if somehow it conks out; no fuel's dirty for this baby. Of course it's so darn slow to overtake and noisy but with Philippine road conditions and traffic jams, how often do you have to hit above 120 kph anyway? Of coursel, if you don't intend to keep your car beyond five years, go for CRDi.
    ibig nyo sir sabihin ay di durable ang CRDi engine? will it conk out after 5 years?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
To CRDi or not To CRDi   (This is for a possible mit pick-up purchase)